Skip to main content

Here is an updated TSI file for the VMS4 that matches the layout of the screening. Please note Vinyl is a modifier for scratching and pitch bending CUE 4/8 modifier for deck a or c on the left and b and d on the right. I will add LED output for chained FX works on both chained and advanced. will post image soon.

Attachments

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

after torq xponent, i changed to vms4, because i thougt traktor or virtualDJ is better software.First thing: the support of M-audio is much better, with videotutorials,... on how to install everything. Is it possible that american audio show me how to install the vms4 with traktor, show config settings of traktor & vms4 with a tsi that actually works with the VMS4, for all the 4 decks, with al the buttons, faders,...working? Wasn't that why it is designed for?
I did not like Virtual DJ at all, Torq is much better in looping, sync, samples and effects so al my hope is on traktor pro now.
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick_belgium:
Virtual DJ is working right out of the box, but is it possible that someone can show me (traktor pro) from scratch, wich driver you have to install, settings in traktor, settings on the VMS4?
maybe with a youtube movie?

im´totally with you... if somebody could also show me such kind of working tsi file work traktor scratch pro, i would be very very amused about...
i think the intention of working with trakor is that you can control the vms4 completely, every knob, button you push on the controller, light up on the vms4 and change also on your computerscreen, no? with my previous M-audio torq system i've had full control with the xponent, everything worked. when i import the tsi file of adj, nothing worked, just when i use a fader, i hear music, but that's all, nothing goes in sync on my screen, no looping, no effects... it's dissapointing that when you buy a product, and ADJ show it on youtube with traktor, they can't give us a good support on how to get it working with traktor.
Nice Mapping!

Im currently trying to figure out, how u can make
the jogwheel workin like on the VCI-100, like u said it is possible when having those rubber bands on.

i get maybe different midivalues, but somehow it doesnt work. ihearyou have u any idea how to handle it?

(i mean, that if u tought the SIDE of the jogwheel u have pitchbend like when vinyl mode NOT on and when ud touch the inside it goes scratch).

thx!
I figured it out:

I added to the mapping the Jogwheels Function:

While in Vinyl Mode u can Tempo (pitch) bend while u touch rubber bands only. if u touch the middle u have normal scratch.

I also improved some things which made me some trouble some time (i cant really remember which). The Deck A/C Sync button for both Decks was inverted and some things.

and if u press the select on /oFff button while in chained fx mode u can switch the FX dry wet controller -50% each press (cant do 100 somehow).
i needed that because on an impact i needed that instant FX OFF button. If someone can tell me how set the FX to 0 when pressed? when i "set to value 0" it goes while pressed to 127. (not good Big Grin)

greetings!

http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/76113669/file.html

Try it out
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Insidiousdead:
I figured it out:

I added to the mapping the Jogwheels Function:

While in Vinyl Mode u can Tempo (pitch) bend while u touch rubber bands only. if u touch the middle u have normal scratch.

HEY INSIDIOSDEAD...if you noticed the mapping for the jog wheel when the vinyl mode is on will allow you to pitch bend by using the sides( if you remove the insulator, metal is conductive so you defeat the purpose) if you like to pitch bend instead of scratching press the vinyl button this will set the deck to pitchbend mode.
Hi all,

I am a totall nitwit so excuse me if my questions sound simple. I have a Laptop with Windows XP, Traktor Pro software en a VMS4 that is connected to an old amplifier. I absolutely have no clue, how to install this all and make it work. I have read the posts on this forum, try to import the Tsi-file (it doesn't work). Could someone please explain me, straigtht from the beginning how I have to install everything? I would be extremely grateful! Smiler

Wietse
Buenas noches,

He adquirido recientemente la consola vms4, y traktor pero es imposible que me funcione ya que american audio no ha sacado el mapeo para la version traktor 1.26, es la que tengo yo.

Les estaria muy agradecidos si me pudieran indicar si existe este mapeo para traktor 1.26 tanto en modo internal como en external.

Un saludo y muchas gracias.

Juan
Ok dj Freshfluke¡

Hi, I have a lot of problems with my vms4 and traktor.

the first one, My version traktor is 1.27 and with the mappers to the oficial site vms4 dont work. I need another correct mapper?

Second: The button cue of midilog 2 dont work too. when a push the botton the led dont iluminated, and i can not to do the cueing or preaudiotioning, the rest cue buttons are ok.

I unknow, if there is a harware problem of sotware problem about this.

and the last. I would like if is posible to work in internal mode, because the sound is better than in external mode, but i have not a mapper to do it.

this is my problems with the controller.I bought in august and since this moment i have not worked with the vms4.

Thanks a lot, and sorry for my english.

sincerely

Juan from Spain
quote:
Originally posted by cacana:
the first one, My version traktor is 1.27 and with the mappers to the oficial site vms4 dont work. I need another correct mapper?

the question is: what is "correct"?
the vms was shipped with VDJ LE and so is the writing on the unit adjusted for VDJ. you cannot just "copy" the VDJ mapping to traktor.
therefore all mappings for traktor are different and do not mirror exactly what's written on the unit.

quote:
Second: The button cue of midilog 2 dont work too. when a push the botton the led dont iluminated, and i can not to do the cueing or preaudiotioning, the rest cue buttons are ok.

did you update the firmware of the vms to the latest version?
Hi¡
i understand, but there is a mapper that works properly with traktor?

I think there was a mapper fact, dated August, if it worked with my version traktor, but I've lost, I will not you?

About the firmware, yes, i have update the version 3.11, but still not working.

Thanks again.

Juan
quote:
Originally posted by cacana:
i understand, but there is a mapper that works properly with traktor?

there should be several. my mapping e.g. was built with traktor 1.2.6 and also works in traktor 1.2.7 (i'm using it by myself).

only mappings made before 1.2.4 could be problematic.

oh and i remember another issue with some traktor mappings that have been released: some of them do have not only midi hotkeys, but also some other options available when you import them. it's probably a but in traktor: if you import such a mapping and only check the midi hotkeys field and de-select all others, then the mapping will not work.

try to import the tsi file with ALL options checked. (export beforehand your other settings etc. and import those later, then you wont lose the settings you used before).
and i tell you: it usually works.

so either you're on old firmware which can cause issues with the cue button or you messed up the settings or your hardware is defective.

please post some screenshots of the routing sections of the traktor preferences.

and tell me: did you upgrade the firmware of your vms?
quote:
Originally posted by icebrkr:
So you could have the sides of the wheels act as a 'nudge' (pitch-bend) while the tops can act as a 'scratch' or 'vinyl' setting.

nope, this is the plastic rings are for...
they split the different notes - so if you touch the jogwheel on the plastic rings you can pitch bend etc. and if you touch the jog wheel on the top, then you can scratch etc.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.