Skip to main content

MyDMX2.0 Easy View 3D Will Release Late 2013!!! We will release the 3D as soon as it is stable and reliable. We are sorry for the delay on this.

Due to the complete redesign of the MyDmx program from 1.0 to 2.0, we are unable to use the older 3D interface. We will have to start from scratch. The full process will take us into late 2013. Our Design team is working as fast as they can with this, however, it will take some time. Again we are sorry for the delay
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

hi guys, last week i saw on youtube a video using software 1.0 with dongle 1 & 2 (working), so yesterday i got installed on a 64 bit DELL Laptop MyDMX 1.0 with dongle to, after having a few problems with drivers my laptop with Windows 7 Professional recognized all of them, finally I'm running mydmx 1.0 with dongle 2 perfectly working, i did some scenes on 3d visualizer and then connected to all lights ( 20 slimpar 56 ) and yeah it works..

ill be working with the rest of my lights this week and comment what happens
Yeah, it is!! , im doing some scenes with all lights:

- 6 colorstrips
- 4 intimidator spot led 250
- 2 strobe tablets
- 20 slimpar
- smoke machine
- 1 blue laser
- 1 red and green laser

Next weekend im going to install all the setup and comment

( i cant find the blue laser on mydmx 1.0 its from mrDJ USA, anybody knows where to find the files ? ) tnx
Hi Henrik,

Don't take it personal: 3D viewer was only available for Windows version. It was supposed to be added later for Mac users. When I bought the Mac version I knew there was no 3D viewer in the bundle because I read the all description before choosing. I did not expect it because I am one of those old school user who learned the light control principles on good old fashion analog consoles. Some of them had only 12 cursors to drive 512 DMX channels. Everything was a matter of skill and a good mind vision before hands and fingers on cursors. MyDMX2 is far more easy to use. And much faster in setting complex scenes ! Compare price and results ...
The 3D we are working really hard on now, it should be done before the end of the summer this year (2014)
We hope to have some beta releases for you all to test sometime deep into spring. ok? We really do apologize for the delay, it's been VERY tricky making a cross platform 3D visualizer that takes advantage of the newest and greatest graphic technologies.
I suppose I should get my head checked before asking this... But any news on the 3D visualizer? As my setup keeps growing, having to set everything up to create scenes is growing old REAL quick. 2 years ago it was at the end of summer, last year, dates kept being promised and passing only to be let down... I really can't take much more 'manana', as it's really long past a joke now. As somebody trying to build a business which relies on this technology, I really can't keep being held back on empty promises. If something hasn't already happened, or doesn't happen soon, I'm definitely going to be investigating Chauvet and Martin's range of USB DMX controllers...
Merry christmas from me to all of you. Big Grin

Keep in mind, it's a BETA release, not a final build at all. Proof of concept and stability test. There will be two versions for all of our myDMX 2.0 users. The official releases we have that are intended to be used in a live performing environment, and then this Beta version that will install as a second program on the computer for Mac or Windows, for you all to test and play with. IF IF you feel comfortable using it live, you may do so, but it's not fully supported. Meaning if you use the beta at a gig and it crashes and screws something up with your file and you didn;t save a backup, that's on you. It's a Beta software.
Make sense?
Hey guys, it's called a Beta for a reason, if you don't want to help fix the bugs that could plague you when it's in a final relase that's fine, but the sooner we find all the bugs and make it run smooth, the sooner you can all have the final release.

That's really all there is to it, we don't ask anyone to download the Beta, it's simply up to you.

We should have a new Beta release sometime soon. Thanks!
Problems that I have with the beta version:
- 3D (EasyView) doesn't work. When clicking the the 3D-function in MyDmx, I'll get an error with the following message: This application is run after a crash to report the problem to the application vendor. It should not be run directly.

- When I select The scene-builder ==> Tab Effects ==> Fx ==> Position effect, MyDmx 2.0 crashes.

All I want to execute or to click on, the program crashes.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.