Skip to main content

Hi,
I'm having some issues creating a profile, first on the shutter channel i can't seem to be able to have it open, only closed or strobing. Then on the colour channel, although i created everything fine, the 2 colour colours don't show in the 3D visualizer.
Finally in the gobo channel, it says some gobos don't have an effect, i don't know what it means.
If anyone could make me a profile with the shutter and gobo channel, i'd appreciate, everything else i could do on my own.

Ch1 Pan
Ch2 Tilt
Ch3 Colour Wheel

Ch4 Shutter
0-3 Close
4-7 Open
8-215 Strobe effect with increasing speed
216-255 Open

Ch5 Dimmer

Ch6 Gobo Wheel
0-7 Open
8-15 Gobo 1
16-23 Gobo 2
24-31 Gobo 3
32-39 Gobo 4
40-47 Gobo 5
48-55 Gobo 6
56-63 Gobo 7
64-71 Gobo 7 shake, from slow to fast
72-79 Gobo 6 shake, from slow to fast
80-87 Gobo 5 shake, from slow to fast
88-95 Gobo 4 shake, from slow to fast
96-103 Gobo 3 shake, from slow to fast
104-111 Gobo 2 shake, from slow to fast
112-119 Gobo 1 shake, from slow to fast
120-127 Open
128-191 Positive rainbow effect with incresing speed
192-255 Negative rainbow effect with incresing speed

Many Thanks!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hmm.. I'm wondering if i replaced the new scan library editor for the old one..
I've been around the forum lately and i read some posts where you were giving a link to a new scan library editor. The look of it is way more primitive than the one i was working with in the first place, i found it odd but thought that maybe it wasn't completely finished or something..
Hi, there.. Thanks for all your help and sorry for all these questions, James..
I can't visualize the Bio gobo in the 3d visualizer, is that normal? Can you see it?
I'm saving the gobos without rotation and without shake, and the ones that should have shake i save it with shake and proportional, so it increases the speed of the shake, but then in the 3d visualizer i can't see the gobos shaking, and when i get to the "open" (after the gobos and before the clockwise rotation) it starts shaking when it shouldn't at all.
After this i go to the scan library editor again and i see that all the presets on the gobo channel have shake and rotation ticked (so it's not saving what i do).
I don't understand this..
And finally, when i try to save a profile it comes this window that i have to choose between "closest colours" and "rgb values" or something like that.. Is that normal? I'm usually choosing the first option..

Sorry for bothering you again.. I just would like to have the scanners properly programmed and working with the 3d visualizer.

Thanks!
Hi James,

I updated the Scanlibrary and I am still not able to save into a proper SLL file. Saving, exiting, restarting Scanlibrary and the file doesn't even open. I get an error:
- Cannot open library: bad SSL format

I saved the file as SSL and not SSL2 (don't even get the option to). Even tried with the most simple fixture you can imagine a par with 1 channel (dimmer), exact same result.

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards,

Jeroen de Groot
Strange, this one does not work either. I copied an existing PAR 64 from _Generic to a test folder. Opening the SLL file went fine, but after saving, exiting Scanlibrary and opening again the same error as before.

I'm running Scanlibrary on a fresh installed Windows XP laptop.
quote:
Originally posted by Jingles:
What question am i missing?

This was my other post..

"Hi, there.. Thanks for all your help and sorry for all these questions, James..
I can't visualize the Bio gobo in the 3d visualizer, is that normal? Can you see it?
I'm saving the gobos without rotation and without shake, and the ones that should have shake i save it with shake and proportional, so it increases the speed of the shake, but then in the 3d visualizer i can't see the gobos shaking, and when i get to the "open" (after the gobos and before the clockwise rotation) it starts shaking when it shouldn't at all.
After this i go to the scan library editor again and i see that all the presets on the gobo channel have shake and rotation ticked (so it's not saving what i do).
I don't understand this..
And finally, when i try to save a profile it comes this window that i have to choose between "closest colours" and "rgb values" or something like that.. Is that normal? I'm usually choosing the first option..

Sorry for bothering you again.. I just would like to have the scanners properly programmed and working with the 3d visualizer.

Thanks!"
So if you have a gobo wheel and it goes through all the gobo's then goes back through them for gobo shake then there needs to be a 2nd set of gobo icons and the properties for that 2nd set needs to have gobo shake enabled and the sped set.
Are you doing this or are you doing all at once? If you would like ot just email me your profile that will help. Jamesk at americandj dot com
As far as the bio gobo it works on mine.
Sincerely,
Hi James,
I made my own PAR, steps used:
1) start Scanlibrary
2) click on moving head icon to enter the profile settings menu
3) Leave stting to Fixtures
4) Choose Conventional from the drop-down
5) Select Par for the correct 3D picture
6) CLick OK

back in Library editor screen
7)drag and drop Effect type Dimmer into the Channels window (Mode 1 tab)
8) click 0 Presets area to open up the Presets dropdown
9) drag and drop Dimmer lineair to the presets window
10) save the SSL as TestPAR.ssl (I don't even get the option to save as sl2)
11) exit Scanlibrary

12) startup scanlibrary
13) click open icon
14) choose TestPAR.ssl
ERROR! Cannot open library: bad SSL format

I do get a tab called TestPAR.ssl, but all settings I made are gone, the Channels window is empty.

Also tried on a different PC, same story.
Hope you can help.
Regards,

Jeroen

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.