Skip to main content

I recently bought a new laptop. It has the new i7 processor, the i7 2630 QM and it has 6Gb's of RAM. So can you please tell me why does the VMS4 crash after I use for instance the effects part for a long time (around 15 minutes) or run 3 decks at the same time and use some effects? What I0m trying to say is that I cant really play using the midi part because the VMS4 crashes constantly and traktor keeps runing everytime and the music keeps coming out, I just can't use any other functions that the eq. wich works in analog mode. All the rest crashes! Thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

From personal experience what version of Traktor are you using with the vms4? As the i3, i5 and i7 aren't supported by Traktor Pro and i've seen alot of issues with other DVS's that have issues with them.

As for Traktor 2, i'm unsure.

Things like having wifi, bluetooth and virus checkers can take alot of processing power up too.
I used traktor scratch pro, traktor pro and now i use traktor 2.. it happened with all of them. its not the processor because the cpu indicator on traktor its always half or less.. the problem is that traktor keeps runing fine and i can use the effects or anything i want with my keyboard or the mouse but the vms4 crashes and i cant use any midi function, but since it has the analog mixer the sound keeps coming out but other than that its dead
@ freshfluke: I see that it crashes because I'm using it fine and all the leds are on (vinyl, sync, hot cues, etc) and then sudently they just go off for a second, come back on as if it was restarting and then off again..After that I need to turn off the VMS4 from the power and usb connection. thanks
@ freshfluke: Yes when I start traktor it "sees" the vms and that blue light is on.. Everything works fine both in traktor and the vms, and then if I use a lot of midi functions vms crashes, the blue lights that lets you know if traktor is "seeing" the vms stops working and the vms midi controls just dont work anymore...maybe its something about the mapping I'm using? I downloaded it from this guy here on the forum: http://forums.americandj.com/e...27105965/m/177106167 It's the one with the wet/dry funtion on the touch strips
quote:
Originally posted by dj_slim:
@ freshfluke: Yes when I start traktor it "sees" the vms and that blue light is on.. Everything works fine both in traktor and the vms, and then if I use a lot of midi functions vms crashes, the blue lights that lets you know if traktor is "seeing" the vms stops working and the vms midi controls just dont work anymore...maybe its something about the mapping I'm using? I downloaded it from this guy here on the forum: http://forums.americandj.com/e...27105965/m/177106167 It's the one with the wet/dry funtion on the touch strips

Any other use of my mapping not has reported a similar problem, I do not I have that problem. Your problem is probably due to another issue.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.