I think you've seen in other posts we recognize that some of you are having issues with microphone distortion on the VMS4. I'm going to run more tests to make sure that we resolve this issue properly. Your input is valuable here.
If you have experience microphone distortion issues please first:
1) For wireless mics, please use the lowest gain setting possible.
2) Please see if you can reduce the distortion by lowering gains on the VMS4 and then increasing the power amp gain.
If it is still not possible to eliminate the distortion, please check the following:
1) What is the mic brand & model number?
2) What is the cable setup? Type (XLR cable, 1/4" cable, XLR to 1/4" cable, etc.), cable length, and brand are helpful.
3) What are the VMS4 settings for mic gain, mic EQ, and master gain, and what does the VU meter read when you use the microphone and get distortion?
4) Roughly what is the sound setup? Is it a studio, stage, club where you get the distortion?
5) Does the distortion go away if you get farther from the microphone or talk at a lower volume? If it does, please identify the mic gain, mic EQ, master gain, and VU meter reading you get when the sound is as loud as it can get without distorting.
I know it's asking a lot, but the better you can answer the above questions, the quicker I can duplicate the issue and make sure it's resolved.
For the purposes of identifying the issue, please identify what happens without impedance transformers.
@hardwiredentertainment, @thewicked, @Corneloues I particularly look forward to your feedback.
Everyone else please feel free to contribute here but again please stick to the microphone distortion issue.