Skip to main content

Reply to "Fixing the Microphone Distortion issue - need your input"

@hardwiredentertainment, et al:

As I suggested above:

Please try lowering the gain on the MIDILOG channel EQs and increasing the gain on your output power amp. This way you'll have much more microphone headroom to work with.

Why do I suggest this? Because I think this happens in many cases:

You set up the sound system so the main channels sound just right. Problem is especially if you're doing Karaoke you probably want more sound out of your mics. But since the main channels are already near their limit the only way to get mic sound is to push them into the distortion range.

With what I suggested, as long as the microphone pre-amp isn't distorting, you will get no distortion and have plenty of sound as well as headroom to increase the mic gain if needed. The reason why I ask the above questions is this will make it clear if the distortion is from the mic preamp or from too much gain from the VMS4 mic gain, mic EQ, or Master. If the distortion is from the mic preamp, it won't go away with gain reduction. If the distortion is from too much VMS4 mic gain, mic EQ, or master, it will go away with gain reduction.

So hopefully this answers your question? I can't speak on behalf of how ADJ customer service will handle customer issues, but I'll do my best to help identify the issue and come up with solutions.