Skip to main content

I've noticed that you're able to view what version of firmware is used in the system.
Question is, are there going to be upgrades for this in the future?

Another question. What does the "skid" effect supposed to do? As far as I know, the described function is to kinda give the effect of the start/stop button of a turntable. But I found that the skratch function does that as well(when changing up the measures).

Thanks in advance.

James
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

As far as the question of the firmware. It is not user upgradeable, and will not be changed to "add" new functions. The only way the firmware will be changed is to fix any types of issues that may arise. As of now there are no know issues with the firmware. If something does come up and you need to get the firmware updated. The unit will have to be shipped to American Audio. Although, with the testing that has been done. I see no reason that there will be a need for a firmware upgrade.
Same subject different question. O.K. here's the symptoms. On some of my cd's I have a vocal right at the begining and when I have the CDI 500 set to scratch after bringing it back past the marker it will jump a full measure forward. The PS-2's don't do this with these disks. Did anyone come accross this problem and is there going to be a change? For now I have had to re-burn my disks with some silence after the marker so it won't do that. Oh, also it only does this at the begining of the CD. Like if it is the first track and you drag back past the marker.
Rage
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Rage:
[qb] I have a vocal right at the begining and when I have the CDI 500 set to scratch after bringing it back past the marker it will jump a full measure forward. [/qb]
I think I might have the soulution! Big Grin I will test it further to make sure. Anyways, if you don't wait for the buffer to fill up it will jump a full measure forward. When you wait for the buffer to fill (fully) it will use the buffer memory (like a sample) so you could drag back to the last track of the CD and not have to worry about it skipping forward. I just so happened to notice this last night when it happened again. like I said I will keep tabs on this for future reference for all of us.

Yahoo! I love it when a plan comes together!
Rage Big Grin
[qb]
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Rage:
[qb] I have a vocal right at the begining and when I have the CDI 500 set to scratch after bringing it back past the marker it will jump a full measure forward.
[/qb]
Nope! It isn't that Mad I'm not really sure as to what the prob is but I am going to re-record the disk with a little space at the beginning so it doesn't do that. Unfortunatly that seems to be the only way to resolve it. Then again, the disk that does this seems to work fine on my pro 2's tho...

Hmmmm,
Rage
Yea i noticed this happening today, but only with first song of the cd, kind of annoying, i feel ya bout the space in the front, i had to do same thing,
other thing i did was just sample the beggining and just brought the track in this way "j-j-j-j-just kick a lil somethin for dem cars thay be bumpin..." not as fun as scratching it in though. its also annoying when trying to back slide to songs the of the same. there has got to be an upgrade, i also have a denon s5000 that was doing same thing, they fixed with firmware,i know american audio can do this

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.