Skip to main content

Hello,

I bought (4) American DJ Accu Scan 250 scanners and (1) Elation DMX Partner DMX controller as a package. I am trying to learn how to use these lights and its very confusing! Even after reading all manuals! Heres what I'd like to know:

1. What DMX addresses (or values, numbers...) do I set in the display windows for each of my 4 fixtures?

2. How do I use the Joystick on the DMX Partner to control the pan and tilt of the fixtures?

3. How does the fade time and speed adjustments work on the DMX Partner? I cannot get the speed and fade time to change with the buttons. Basically, I want the fixtures to all slow down and move slowly and smoothly in a continuous sweeping motion like the nice expensive lights they are suppose to be!

4. In Sound Active Mode my fixtures just go crazy at any sounds- flying through every color and gobo, as the mirror whips around in a frenzy! How can I get these to slow down and look like the fixtures in the pictures that is printed on the box!

To anyone that helps- Thanks for your time!
Matt
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

1: How the heck should I or anyone else know. I guess the issue comes down to is your DMX Partner pre-programmed? I know a dealer who is selling similar packages with pre-programmed light shows, but uses a different controller.

Have you programmed your fixtures to be in DMX mode as opposed to master/slave and/or sound active?

2: You probably need to assign that joystick to channels. You'll need to read your manual some more, that's my guess.

3: There is probably a fade time control somewhere. This setting being increased would me it would take longer to make changes, so the information would be streamed out in smaller numbers instead of "right to the next change"

4: Decrease your sound sensitivity. You lose lots of control using sound active mode. I'm not saying that is a bad thing, but it's how things work. The "slowed down" stuff is because it's under DMX control
The best advise is "learn by doing".

Crack open the manuals, wire up your lights, power them up and start playing.

When you get confused, ask for help.

That's how I have to do everything. I have to often make situations for myself to get opportunities to learn new things. Such as I got way early to a show, and load in went well, as did sound check. So, after sound check and the band split, I set up 4 cameras so I could work with multiple camera recordnig for multi-camera post production. Can't say I'm totally pleased with my end results, but at least I have a show I can practice from. Good learning experience.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.