Skip to main content

Ok now, my parents want to buy me an intellegent better intellegent setup. As in better than my DJ SCANS. I need smoth stepers than dont wable and break and smoke when you try to run them slow. Will i get this if i were to use a scan tron? Do they have slow scan? DO THEY STROBE. I got gipt with the dj scans, they have no strob. It kills me. Also considering the fact that DJ SCANS cant do more than 2 motions at once. Also, can i still get the Utopia? Or should i forget about the utopia and just go with the Scan Trons?

(wanna see some intellegent animations of utopia? go to www.ccm.ds4a.com, there a laugh!)
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

well, mighty scans dont exactly have the gobos im looking for, where on the other hand, scan trons have exactly the gobos that i want to see. But do the scantron strobe is the question??? The unit has 5 channels, pan, tilt, gobo, color. NOw the fifth one is strange, the pdf manual shows that is can strobe, a gobo and a color at the same time, a color strobe, and a gobo strobe. i really dont understand what they are trying to show. Does it mean that it strobes or does it mean that it does not stobe and does another cummy effect like the DJ scans do??? So the real question is, the fifth channel controls 3 stobes? i am confused. Confused
I'll tell you how the strobing is on my intels that are in the same class as the Scan Trons (I didn't want a removable head, so I bought non-ADJ lights) But anyways, the strobing is not from a separate shutter, it is rather a quick transition back and forth between colors or gobos. You can either do colors, gobos, ar both at once. I assume it is the same with the Scan Trons.
Believe me, if i had the money, i would go out and my some studio colors by "highend electronics" but only Disney or Big companies can afford those, i mean i really would take any awsume intellegent light. But my price range per Intel is 350 max, so that includes DJ Scan, Dj Scan/RG, Utopia, and Scan Tron. (i dont like roller effect, sorry to sound like im mad at everything and everyone, but like, i really wish i had 2k to spend on lights, but im 16 without a car.
The scantron is a GREAT light. Everyone is amazed when I demo it for them where I work. People keep assuming it's a ****** fixture.

Don't forget, you can take the top over, flip the light over and use it as a color changer. You can also link the scantrons with a rollertron, even without using a DMX controller.

Great package is 2 rollertrons and 2 scantrons.
quote:
Originally posted by Faultline:
[qb]Believe me, if i had the money, i would go out and my some studio colors by "highend electronics" but only Disney or Big companies can afford those, i mean i really would take any awsume intellegent light. But my price range per Intel is 350 max, so that includes DJ Scan, Dj Scan/RG, Utopia, and Scan Tron. (i dont like roller effect, sorry to sound like im mad at everything and everyone, but like, i really wish i had 2k to spend on lights, but im 16 without a car.[/qb]
I'M NOT SELLING!!! I don't work anywhere that sells ANYTHING! Mad I have no clue how I could sell ANYTHING!! I just asked him to E-mail me! Well...If that's not "acceptable", IM me, my AIM is....wait, better not tell that, I might accidentally "sell" something. Faultline, it's in my profile, IM me sometime when I'm on.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.