Skip to main content

Hello all... I have been having problems for a while now with 2 of my 4 Scan 250's going to sleep and not wanting to wake up. It seems like it only happen at the lowest position of channel 3. If you are anything above 10 on the number three channel, it seems OK. So, basically, if you set a scene with these two on white (open gobo), they will go to sleep as if there were no signal. If you try to recall the same scene, they won't turn back on. If you then raise the color and gobo sliders (3 and 4), they will wake up. As long as you are running anything other than white, life is good. Any ideas? Anything I can do? These are well out of warranty and I am not afraid to work on them. Thanks!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'd say it certainly could... but, the other two don't do it, and these two never did... I'll try that and see what happens.

Yes, the scan 250 and the DJ scan 250 are two different models. The DJ scan had the cheaper stepper motors, but otherwise a pretty good fixture. What I would really like is to get my hands on a couple of performance scans. Got any hanging around there? Wink I have had GREAT luck with the Scan 250's... few small problems, but I am electronics saavy, so no biggie.
YES! The Performance scans were my favorite. I have one. I never use it anymore and the color wheel sensor was going out on it making it never detect the color wheel and keeping it spinning and not allowing the shutter to open.
but no we don't have any of those in stock anymore. You can try to find some online.
I'll send this post to our service guys and see what they have to say.
Sincerely,
Well, I just got a new board from Hong Kong today... yeah, I know... but I had the Operator Pro, and I have been out of channels for a long time. Just couldn't come off the 5 bills for the Magic.

Anyway, I have learned more about programming tonight than I have for a long time. I have 24 channels now, and it is working well. The thing I was not able to do was create chases, because I was doubled up on several lights.

Anyway, what I have learned from this is that you need to still program the mirrors even for the lights that are technically "off", and you DO need to leave channel 3 between 5 and 10 to keep them alive. I was trying to program chases and only program mirror position for the mirror of the lamp that was "on".. so, I was getting mirrors going to "home" position, then when the light came on, it flung the beam to the spot position. Now it looks killer. I currently have 4 of these, 4 250 watt hallogen color changers, 4 LED pars, and two LED strips. It's a dynamite show.

Thanks for your help. The only thing I am wondering now is if the other two lights are actually the malfunctioning ones as they DON'T blackout.... Smiler

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.