Skip to main content

Hey, guys ... I know this will sound dumb ... I am using the LEDs, and and pre-programmed DMX Duo and it works great. Separately, using the Operator 192, I can mix colors. When I try to run the Op 192 to the DMX Duo and then to the lights, all features on DMX Duo work, but when I try to color mix from the Op 192, I get nothing. Are there settings that will allow this, or, when I want to do some color mixing, do I have to disconnect the DMX Duo? Thanks for the help. Richard
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks for the replies, guys. Yes, Jingles, did that. Well, if I understand correctly, the DMX Duo is primarily a recorder - once you program it using a programmable controller, it will then make running your light shows easy. But it has no channel faders, etc. so if you have fixtures that have color-mixing for custom colors, I don't think you can access their various channels with the DMX Duo.
newly the dmx op 192 is a nice controller and recorder in one if u think about it. it can hold up to 240 scenes in one chase and u have 12 chases at ur disposal. so in my opinion u should be just fine using the op 192 on it's own! also dmx recorders are mainly for taking all your scenes/chases and putting them all into one unit to playback your shows or chases in one unit total instead of bringing a bunh of equip. try programming a bunch of chases on the op and using just that it might work a little better! sincerely jingles! any more questions feel free to ask! jingles out! Big Grin
Hi guys--here is a question of concern to all who have the dmx operator ...try sending it 2 midi notes to change scenes rapidly and see what happens...is this also one of those modles with a last minute midi input added more for fun or does it actually work with midi properly...try sending it 2 midi signals to change scenes using a sequncer and set teh changes t o quarter note values or less at a tempo of about 100 to 120 BPM...let me know if it does the changes..thx

Mike

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.