Skip to main content

To Anyone that can help,

Need advice....

I run a small mobile DJ company in NY. I just started doing some major upgrades. Purchased global trussing, 2 MAC 250s used and 2 ADJ 38P LED PRO par cans. I purchased MYDMX with absolutely no prior DMX exp. I've always purchased your plug and play, sound active lights. Well...time for the majors.

I really need some scenes and really want to use these mac 250s to their full capability. I've been debating searching for a lighting tech/guru somewhere in NY who wants to make some money programming these fixtures for me. I'm curious to learn but the program is like another language to me.

I have 4 parties here in Nov. that I'd love to bring these 2 Mac 250s along, w. my 2 dressed vertical trusses and par cans to light them up.

What is the quickest fix? Do I run a random EFX 100 point show for a gig this weekend. Or would that look horrible? Thats how much of a newbie I am. I am really thinking to put on the random, and turn up the phasing and let them run.

I really need a step by step, programming 2 mac 250s and 2 par cans for dummies. lol. What should I do???? The youtube videos didn't really help. You think buying the MACs is way to sophisticated of a light to program for a newbie.

Your thoughts, How do I get started? How do I pull this off in a short period of time.

Thanks,
Chris
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'd be willing to pay a fee for any lighting professional out there that would be willing to program my american dj dmx software, to collaborate with my (2) mac 250s. Willing to build some nice scenes for both up tempo music and slow songs for my DJ company.

If your a professional lighting tech
Please text or call:
631-926-3630
Chris Long Island, NY

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.