Skip to main content

IM in a tight spot and have a customer requesitng i be able to use my delxescan 250 (x4) for moving spot light.. i bought a Elation DMX partner along with the set pre programmed for the Deluxscan. THe controler works for changing scenes. black out and basic strobe feature. that is the extent im able to use it for. Im running a laptop with windows vista and a rs232 serial to USB adaptor . I have the serial adaptor set on com2 and the baud rate set on 38400. The controller shows send when i press send 168168.. and the software shows waiting to receive. i dont know what to do .. HELP

thanks
Ryan
Sparky Visuals
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

umm wow maybe try the elation forums which i am on too but you prob. need tech support from elation for this one. cause im pretty smart at lights and ur situation went WOOSH right over my head lol. peace! welcome to the forums. click on the link under my name for the elation forums. i will try to get you some help after you post over there sometime tomm hopefully. peace! welcome jingles!
hey what software are you using for the lights? the ar232? i actualy never tired it out yet but i do have compuware 2048FC+ and i love that. anyways sorry to make it seem like im giving you the run around but it is still an elation made product. lol. hope you get the help you need and by the time you need it by. peace! once again welcome to both forums. peace! jingles.
well i know a few of them ovr thre at elation which in case if u didn;t know elation adn american dj all have the same owners as well as eliminator lighting and like 6 others. so i know a bunch of people over there and i can put a speed on the response if you e-mailed it to just the info @ elation then it could take a while lol. peace.
im loosing faith in elation tech support, On the Elationforum someone posted its not possible to link it to my laptopo.. which doesnt make sense since it can be programmed with a computer via thier software.

The first email was just asking for clarification.. no problem

the second email from someone else said i need to have a 9 pin serial cable.. duh.. if it all plugs in togeter and its regular serial cable. c'mon i have the right stuff...

i cant wait to see what reply i get back next
hey sparky. sorry to hear your having troubles but elation tech support is one of the better ones, seriously. but the DMX partner is a limited controler it is only used for playing back scenes recorded from another controller like the dmx operator. let me try playing around with the rs232 software and see what i can dig up for ya. im gonna try my best to figure this out for you ok? peace! jingles.
all the info should be in the manuals for the either the dmx partner or the software. or both. i know i saw something on the partner manual about what you were saying "168168" or something. and i think it was for doing the joystick asigning. see the things is, is i don't have a dmx partner to try it out on so i can really only help so much here but i will re read some stuff and see if i think of anything. peace! best wishes, jingles.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.