Skip to main content

We are a small community theatre group who owns the MyDmx 3.0 software and controller/dongle and have some older dimmer packs (Elation Dp-415) which we are trying to control through the application, with no success.  Anyone have suggestions or know of a solution, we appreciate your assistance! We do not wish to go old school and skip the software if at all possible.

Thanks!

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi there, thanks jingles - I have tried the 1 channel generic profiles, all of them. I also found a driver called DP415 - 4 channel thinking maybe it would control each "outlet" by the four channels.  I have set the DP-415 switch 10 to be "switch" and also tried the "dimmer" setting on switch 10. Neither works. I also found instructions on how to access the hardware manager for the DMX 3.0 unit and accessed it directly outside the software. It does recognize it, but sending manual signals from there does not work either sadly.

I am wondering if the unit is defective (not sending dmx signal out), but given our show is in four weeks, I am unsure if we have time to send in for repair/replace.

I also connected the DP-415 to a manual controller and it can control the connected lights just fine, for some reason the software/dongle is not talking to the DP-415. Any other suggestions, please?

Thank you all!

I used address 1, 4 and 12 in three different attempts, changing the dip switches accordingly each time. I have also since tried connecting directly to a (lixada dmx-512 rgb led high power stage par light channel) (8-channel I think) small light with no luck.  I am starting to think the unit is faulty but was only used for one series of shows last February 2023, then stored until now as we prepare for our next set of Community Theatre shows in Feb 2024.

Ok thanks for the info Matt.

Do any of the LEDs change their pulse or flickering rate on the MyDMX 3 box itself as you move channels around in hardware manager on the DMX testing tab? Any channel between 1-256 being moved may cause at least the usb or DMX led light on the hardware to slightly change how fast its blinking or flickering etc.

but yes sounds like perhaps the DMX chip isn’t working. We’d have to look at it…

Hi, did support get back to you? If yes, just tel lthem about this post and they can further the assistance. also in most cases, the faster you ship us the device, the faster we can repair it and return it, like if you overnight it, we would overnight it back to you, i THINK, don't quote me on that, but i think thats how we do things. But....i don't work in the service side, just support... 

Well, seeking support before I contact service again. Really hoping for direction

The new DMX3.0 worked briefly and now the same issue as before.  Works with nothing, not even through hardware manager directly.

Steps I had taken today:

1. Elation DP-415 – used a par64 1channel driver and could control dimmer/on/off for the different channels
  2. Lixada 8 channel digital light – worked
  3. Lightronics AS-40L – the 1channel drivers did not work (par 36, 64, etc)
  4. I went back to the Elation DP-415 and Lixada and now they will not work at all - getting same error - no DMX out signal from the Controller/Dongle
  5. I have reset to factory the DMX 3.0 settings in case
  6. I rebooted my laptop
  7. I deleted my temp program and started again
  8. Nothing ☹

Please help! Thank you

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.