Skip to main content

Hi FNG here---

I was putzing with the groovy new lights (never had any DMX before) and I can sorta get em to do a scene. A couple things kind of confuse me. I have an LSC DMX Operator.

1) On Head 1 all four channels do something. But on heads 2, 3 and 4 I have no horizontal movement control on the sliders. Channel four appears to have no affect on lights 2, 3 and 4. Oddly, the result is I have only three channels on heads 2, 3 and 4.

DUH? What am I screwing up?

2) When flipping between my first two admittedly ****py scenes the gizmos flip through the gobo wheels -- and stop where I thought I had programmed them. Why do they do this?

DUH? What am I screwing up?

Is there a good post-market manual on programming these things. I am totally new to this and the manual seems a bit---er---"basic". I would like to achieve smoother transitions and eliminate the gobo-flipping syndrome.

Am I dreaming?

Thanks

hamernut
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

welcome to the board, and hey, your from cali! cool, so am I. back to your problem

The gobo switching thing might be from the way your lights are addressed. They should be 1, 5, 9, 13. 4 channels per light. Now, try that, and select the 4 lights on your DMX Op with the fixtures buttons (left side, two rows of 8). Move the first slider, they should all move. And second slider and so forth. When the others werent moving, it was because they had the wrong address. Lights need to be addressed properly, or they wont recieve the correct signal, its like mail. Wrong house number, you wont get your bills. hope this helps! Smiler
I will definitely purchase any available DVD. I would even be happy to beta test whether or not the DVD is effective for your total beginner.

I could not call support yesterday. Business went too well. I did get to a dealer on Thurs and picked up the two-stands-and-ten-foot-truss combo. The lights are on the stands now so I can do some realistic programming efforts.

Which dimmer pack is going to work best for my two sets of Par 38's? Is there such a thing as an extension cord "snake" for controlling the "second set" of pars?

thanks

hamernut
I m using the DP-DMX20L to control 3 sets of par38. It works great. Its a very flexible dimmer.
I �m using OPERATOR II, DJscan250 X 2, rainbow 250 X 2, and 12 par38 .

I like to control my 2 scanners within the same scanner button(OPERATOR). In this case I set the dipswitch on scanner 1 to DMX address 1, and scanner 2 to DMX channel 5. This way i can use faders 1-4 to control scanner 1, and faders 5-8 to control scanner 2.

I set DMX channel to 17 on the DP-DMX20L that is the #1 fader on scanner button 2(OPERATOR ).
remember: 4 channels of par lights(faders 1-4 scanner button 2)).If you set the DMX channel on DP-DMX20L to 17 , you have channels 17,18,19 and 20 (faders 1,2,3,4 on scanner 2 button)

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.