Skip to main content

I've had this 210 for a few years now. It didn't get much use when I bought it. Just a few discs here and there.

The left player has a problem that I recall from my pro 500 cdplayer days. The laser actually goes up and down and hits the CD when the disc is first inserted. The dsic is not spinning when it does this. Just trying to see if there is a solution, or if I should toss my 210 in the trash or sell for parts.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

yeah I've replaced the CD drives from my dcd pro 500 players back in the day. funny...they all went out the same way....and it was always the left player that went first.

Ive had the CD player playing a CD constantly since I made this post. I've been ejecting it and advancing tracks as I walk by. It's been functioning just fine.

I'll continue to test and cycle the power tomorrow. It might be OK.
I'd say if you haven't got one in inventory, get one of those laser lens cleaning discs.

I have this one for DVD's, which has the brushes spaced out. I don't like it as well as the original one I had that got snagged by a client a couple of years ago.

Odd how it's always the left one though. Well, stranger things have happened. I'd also test power cycling it as well. I have a DVD/CD/laserdisc player that's inconsistent with DVD's. It's going in for service soon. It reads CD's and laserdiscs just fine., and it's one of those ones that can read both sides of the laserdisc without flipping it.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.