Skip to main content

hi guys, i dont get to come around too much these days but i'm here with suggestions for improvements on the dcd 1000

ive noticed that when a song is played and sped up a great deal using the jog platter, when the platter is released and the track that is playin slows down to its specified pitch, somewhere during the playback of the song it will jump over a few seconds (sounds like its searching). This only happens for about a second or two.

From what i've heard it sounds like the buffer has run out and is now attempting to find the correct place on the cd, but has problems doing so.

I also noticed that when i use the platter to move the song forward (like on a turntable) and i try to "loop in" (set a loop point).
When i go back and hit the reloop button it loops from the point pressed but if i was forcing the song to speed up, it will loop from the point & at the same speed that i was forcing the song to speed up at. The result is if i "loop out" (to set an end point) the loop will be off. Although the start point and the end point will be the points i want. the beginning of the loop will essentially have a different speed then the rest of the loop.

If possible someone from tech (preferrably someone who actually uses the machine) should call me so that maybe it can be explained better.

daddymagyver@aol.com for contact
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Well I know that they are watching and taking notes. they are very good at customer service and listening to their customers. My only guess is that none of the staff knows enough to comment on it right now.

I wish someone would have gotten back to me by email though. I have a few other proposals.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.