Skip to main content

Hi,

I just bought Spectrum LED: LED Moonflower with DMX-512 with intention to use it in sound mode. But it seems the LED's just work in a certain pattern repeatedly irrespective of how the music is playing (Unline American DJ Vertigo which moves with music temp). Is there a problem with the light like Microphone not working or is this the normal behaviour?

I bought these lights because Vertigo had cycle time of 10 min whereas this light does not have dity cycle. I thought it would work similar to Vertigo in terms of moving per music tempo which it does not. The store I bought from will not reutn lights so I am stuck and want to make it work if possible.

Any inputs would be appreciated.

Thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

hey bsat have u tried adjusting the s.a. sensitivity? here is what it says to do in the manual.
"1. Plug the fixture in and press the MODE button until “SU.XX” is displayed.
2. The fixture will now change color via sound.
3. Pressing the UP or DOWN buttons will adjust the sound sensitivity level of fixture. You can adjust the levels between 00-31. 00 being the least sound sensitive, and 31 being the most sound sensitive."
try that and get back to me also when u test thise out make sure u have music goin and it is at a level in which u will be around when using the light. peace! jingles.
Thanks Jingles.

Yes, I followed the instructions and made sensitivity to highest value. What I found is that LED's are sound 'activated' in the sense that if soun dis there, they start to work BUT they work in a FIXED sequence of patterns and NOT per the music Tempo (like based on Bass of the music). Vertigo does a good job of moving per Music Tempo as though its 'dancing' per music. This light does not.

So I am not sure if this is the way this LED light is supposed to work or something wrong with light and it should work like Vertigo to 'dance' per music Tempo.

Thanks
hmm i dunno what to tell u bro. usually all lights in sound active mode are just running throughg a sequence of manufacturer pre programmed scenes and are really not customizable. like my performance scan 250 when i run it in sound active mode with no controller it just scrools through the sequence as if it was on stand alone. maybe u should look into buying a small dmx board that way u can make ur self happy with what u want out of the light. in fact i always recommend some type of controll over a light cause why let em just run through their own scenes. let me know what u think. peace! also welcome to the forums.
Hi Jingles, I just talked to AmericanDJ support folks and they say that's the way this light is supposed to work i.e it just activates when sound is on and shows fixed patterns. It does not wokr per the tempo of music.

So I am stuck with this light which does not work the way I expected as Guitar Center guys will not take returns on lights.

Thanks much for your help though!!
Hi Jingles - Can you help suggest a small DMX board and how it works? I am new to the area of lights. I just wanted to have some fun environment for my kids at home. Best would be if I can make these LED lights dance per the music tempo - if a small DMX board would help, I will go for it. Otherwise, I guess I will just sell it on eBay or something and buy the Vertigo lights again.
well how many other lights are u planning on using? i always recommend the dmx operator 192 as it is a nice entry level board. and u can do plenty with it as far as a beginner is concerned. also u can look into more led fixtures as they stay cool longer have no duty cyclye adn the bulbs u will get about 100,000 hours out of verses a halogne with maybe a 50-100 hour lifespan. peace. jingles.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.