Skip to main content

I downloaded the 2020 update on my Mac with no issues.  I am now trying to download and install on my Windows 10 laptop which I actually use for my gigs.  However, one I download the file , when I try to open it, I get the error message "Invalid name of file!  Please do not rename". At this point I can go no further.

Strangely there is also a second folder downloaded which is titled MACOS!  This is strange, as I downloaded the PC version???   I have downloaded this update 3 times now, and I keep getting the same message.  Can anyone help?

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

This is still a problem.  Renaming this does not fix the issue.   Tried unzipping your file using 7-zip, winrar, and native windows.   Tried renaming the downloadable zip, as well as the extracted executable file (And then tried running it).   Would you please get one of your dev's to correctly package this, test it, then re-post the package.     My OS is Windows 10 20H2 with current patch set (19042.1165).

One other note,  the version just prior to this (April 19 2019) does not have this problem - 100% of the method  or tool you used to package your latest release.badDJ2.1

Attachments

Images (1)
  • badDJ2.1: Bad executable
Last edited by mchanna

Ahh,  i think the problem here is we still own the myDMX 2.0 version hardware. Am I correct in assuming myDMX3 does not work with myDMX 2.0 Hardware?

As a user, I did a google search for the latest version of the software that last works with the DMX 2.0 hardware, and find this page:   https://www.adj.com/mydmx-2-1  (same is true for https://www.adj.com/mydmx-2-0)  that contains the version (September 29th 2020) that appears to be the last version put out, but gives the user experience we have detailed.

The myDMX 3 package you reference above installs, and looks great, but It does not seem to detect my myDMX 2.0 hardware.   Let me know the right way to proceed here.

Last edited by mchanna

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.