Skip to main content

Since owning this deck, there have been several occassions whereby the machine performed poorly. The deck would read burned CD's in normal or MP3 format erratically. After the song would start you'd hear slight skips or scratchiness on CD's you know worked in the past flawlessly. Using a CD lens cleaner did not help. The only thing that helps is to power down and start over. This is difficult to do during a party but it always works. This issue happens rarely but it is a pain. Anyone have this issue with their decks? I do burn at 16X but I never had an issue with previous decks, just this one. Of course my other decks weren't MP3 capable either.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Recently I spent considerable time at a store playing and comparing different CD's burned with MP3 files. And American Audio products are horrible at reading them. I took a Denon 4500 that was used for over a year in store demos and it played my most trashed MP3 data discs! This is one amazing deck. I hope American Express gives me my money back because I don't believe you can fix a design flaw. All DJ's need dependable and reliable equipment. I only wish American Audio and American DJ would realize this. Goodbye American DJ...may your profits shrink and your customers dry up. Hello Denon!
Last edited by Former Member
You must be the only guy on this forum. And no I'm not done. It's forums like this that drive the competition to do better. If American Audio looses customers than its a wake up call to them and hopefully they will address issues and problems appropriately. When I called them they had no remorse over my situation and said that the leadtime would be five weeks without a loaner deck. This is unacceptable from a customer service standpoint. I have gigs to perform and customers to commit to.
Last edited by Former Member

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.