Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

A good mobile DJ occasionally requires the use of a mono button. You could Y out of the back of each CD player, then into the mixer but then you are stuck with it for the entire show and that's no good. Normally, things are run in stereo, but in some circumstances, you have to switch to mono. For example, when you are running dinner music and have to point one speaker in one direction and the other speaker in a different direction. If you don't switch to mono, you may have all the drums & bass coming from one speaker and the guitar & piano from the other, this is especially true with jazz recordings. Other times you have to place a third speaker in another room or on a patio, same deal. As for dancing, some tunes, 50's, etc. are recorded with instruments panned hard left or right, again calling for the mono button. Each and every mixer should have a mono button. I'm upset now because I can't buy the matching mixer for the new DCD PRO1000!
MAestro,
It's all good. I also want to point out that I have 2 UREI's and 3 MP-24's. These mixers are ones that all other club mixers are measured against, since these are 2 of the best (quality wise) mixers ever made. And guess what. No mono/stereo mix (Well the Rane has one, but you have to take it out of the rack to activate it.) Trust me, I don't think you'll have to wait long. I think in the very near future you should see a new....(all with mono switches).
Commander or,
Q-3433 or,
The already available in black (and perfectly compliments the DCD-1000) q-FX19
I hear ya Stevie Ray! Most of the time, for a club mixer that doesn't get out of the club much, no mono button is fine. But for a mobile jock, it's a neccessity!

The 2422 has a nice small 4 rack size and the others are so much bigger that they won't fit my application. Now, if they made the QSPAND, in black, with a mono-button, that would be sweet!

And while I'm at it, L-shaped backs, you know... recessed jack panels would be nice too! Roll Eyes
Maestro, take the advice of soundman and Mr. Clipuptags they gave you solutions that would solve your dilemma of not having a mono button.

You should listen to those guys. If you have to worry about turning speakers to face different sides of the hall during dinner then i dont think anyone will have a problem or care if you run your system mono for the whole night using the methods that these 2 guys stated.

Problem solved now you can buy your mixer Smiler have a nice day

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.