Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hmm...There is no 'pocket barell"....so I think maybe two new DJ Scan250's (for their bright output. and nice gobo's) or you can go with roller-trons (two as well), or how about the Rainbow 250 package. I dunno, the pockets are only 100watts, so all other lights might drown them out.
YES I AM LOOKINg for intelligent fixtures, would the roller trons , or the dj scan 250's look good with pockets though?, just because they have different colors and gobos and movement all together...?

help me out please!

PynX

Yes, they are 100 watts but have pretty sick optics for that, I compared an mx-4 and my pockets at a dealer, and there wasnt much of a difference.
If you want something to compliment the pocket scans, you may want to stick with a similar low wattage lightweight fixture. . . . while the scan/rollertron are a great value and a superb intelligent light, it's a 250 watt halogen which will wash out the 100 watt pocket, you could always add 2 more pockets. . . .or add some simple effects. . . are you looking to add more scanners or a centerpiece?
The movement on the DJ Scans is very jerky. I agree, with the idea of buying two more pocket scans.

You may want to invest in a controller like the DMX operator so you can make really really nice custom light shows. This also doubles the potential of your intelligent lights. Now you can do small theatre or concert work. Granted the pockets have a 100 watt lamp, but it will work. You will never explore the fullest potential of your intelligent lights until you have a good programmable controller. The operator uses DMX protocal so you can expand later and buy other lighting products that use DMX. I love my LSC dimmer packs!

Other items to consider:
-A nice portable truss system to mount your lights.
-A nice medium to high output fogger, I use a Vaporizer, I am going to upgrade to a ****** Magnum Pro 2000. (Haze is also a nice substitute)
-If you have the above, get a 12" Mirror ball, you can program your lights (with the DMX operator) to hit the mirror ball and change colors, strobe, etc. The mirror ball also makes a great centerpiece.
-Good sturdy roadcases. You would be surprised how much more professional you will look when you pull up to a gig carrying you lights in pimped out cases as opposed to the original boxes or rubbermaid containers. AMDJ makes a case for four pocket scans
-Black extension cords. Yes that sounds stupid, but your setup will look smoother when your client doesn't see orange or yellow extension cords.

Hope this helps

james

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.