Skip to main content

Hello, is there any way to upgrade or hotrod the motors in the djscan250 to make them move faster, or is that a processing thing? I would like to get multiple movements to happen quicker during faster songs. I understand that I should only program one movement function per chase step but sometimes it can't be avoided and the lights don't keep up.

Also can anything be modded to get move precise (fine) positioning of the mirrors? They won't respond to the "Fine" button on my DMX controller.

Thanks man.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi RawDepth,
Welcome to the Forums!

I'm not sure about upgrading the motors but honestly! Look at how much you paid for the light! Do you expect the motors to be extremely fast and precise! These lights do not have a Fine channel and that's why they don't respond to the fine button on your board. I own two DJ Scan 250 HP's and while I'm not satisfied with the light, you can't expect to get a Martin Cyberlight for $200~$300! There may be a way to upgrade the motors but it's all about compatibility! The DMX board on the light only utilizes four channels, so you'll never get the fine feature! Unless you want to only position the light, without your colors and gobos! So if you wanted to try this, you would need to look for a motor that DOES NOT have the fine feature.

I'm sorry if your first visit to the forums was a bit of a downer! (from me Frowner )

I hope the helps anyways!

jthtiger
Last edited by Former Member
Another option to consider might my MyDMX software since you seem to want to do more per scene.

But still, this won't resolve your motors not responding fast enough or being precise enough.

Making a light is one thing. Get it basic, get it functional. Then slap a price on that. Then, make a more refined model with an expanded DMX instruction set, better motors and perhaps better optics, stronger casing.

Sometimes it plans to think 2-5 steps ahead in this game to prevent wasting money. What model you have? If I wasn't more into going LED right now, I might considering buying them from you just to give you some money to buy a better fixture.

I like the newer DJScan case design. Either model is sufficient for my events.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.