Skip to main content

I am trying to figure how to set up a scenes that just controls fades for a light fixture. For instance I have a scene of colours where each scene has the shutter on, Dimmer full and a colour. I would like to have a different bank of scenes where they control fade ins. Looking for 1) on 2) fast fade 3) slow fade such that i can trigger the colour and fade of my choice? Is there a way because I can't quite figure this one out.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi just off the top of my head thinking about what you could do for this two different ways at least:
method 1: 
in one group of scenes just program one scene for each color and then two scenes below it for slow med fast fade on. so scenes in one whole group doing,
color 1 fade fast
color 1 fade med
color 1 fade slow
color 2 fade fast, etc etc.
Method 2:
split up the colors into one group and then in the group right next to it do scenes with just fade scenes for the dimmer.

Does this make sense?

Makes Sense. I figured it would reduce scenes to do the second method however which bank would you do the "shutter". I would think on the fade scene. Generally I have shutter and dimmer on the colour scenes but imagine in scenario 2 that I would also have a scene for "Beam On" For the fade scenes would you do the fade on the scene in general under "fade In" or "Fade out" or would you have it as a step which I don't think would work as the fade starts after the first step. Thanks again so much.

As a general rule I put shutter open in any scene i want to ensure the shutter is open for, this could be all scenes in all groups, it just gets cumbersome if you have another group of scenes just for shutter in my opinion.
When you add steps to scenes thats when "replaying" them gets tricky as it may snap to the 1st step...
it's ALL about organization, whats on and in what group will determine how its all played back.

So for my Eliminator Stealth spots for instance I have shutter on in the "Color" bank scenes but that channel is off in the banks controlling "movement" or "Gobos" or Prisms/Rotation. So if I want to move to a gobo and not show the wheel turn I can trigger the gobo before the colour/shutter goes on? Does that make sense? I feel in the file I sent I have way to much going on but this is my first try programming this way and triggering with tracks I run on my Studio One DAW.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.