Skip to main content

Hi

My 2x Equinox Helix XP 150w Gobo Flower will not stay channelled in?

I can connect them via my wireless dmxgo-dongle & control them on my tab using one preset but as soon as I change the preset (e.g. from cake cutting to first dance)the connection is lost. And I have to find new dmx channels to connect them again, but the same drop just repeats. So they are not workable with my current set up. 

I read on this forum somewhere that it may be because the fixture name is longer than 21 characters, and I see all my other light fixtures are less characters, so i am thinking this may be my issue. However I can't find any way to edit the fixture name? Advice appreciated...

TIA

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi the name length doesn't matter and we don't rename fixture just to make them shorter, we name them for accuracy of finding the right profile for your lights.
You are more than welcome to log in/sign up for the nicolaudie cloud and download the profile to your account and change the name for your user profile area only: https://cloud.lightingsoft.com/#/
Any profiles you add to your profile area on this account should appear in the User library in the MyDMX GO app, which you can find by switching to the user library icon as shown in this screenshot attached. You will need a an internet connection on the tablet, so you will not be directly connected to the GO hardware until you load up your library and patch/download the profiel to your device.
I hope this helps!

Attachments

Images (1)
  • MyDMX GO User Lib Access

Thank you for your reply and advice. Perhaps I asked the wrong question...

I use the wireless ADJ DMXGo with Chauvet dongles & Samsung Tab to control my lights whilst DJing. I have been successfully using the tech for Equinox fusion 200 zoom spots, Chauvet wash fx2s, freedom sticks & obsession. Also EZ Links Q4s &Q6s,  but I prefer the BTair app to control these so that I don't need dongles. I have had no problems with any of theses fixtures so far the last 2 years at my events, it’s fun to use creating lovely effects at my fingertips!

However, when I tried to include the 2 white Helix into my projects & preset-programming the 2 Equinox Helix XP 150w Gobo Flower  will not stay channelled in?

I can connect them via my wireless dmxgo-dongle & control them on my tab but when using in one of my pre-programmed projects, as soon as I change the preset (e.g. from cake cutting to first dance)the connection is lost. And I have to find a new dmx channel to connect them again, but the same drop just repeats. It happens if I create a project solely for the helix or add helix to a project with other fixtures.

This is not workable in practice. I need the helix control to work like all the other lights I have. I can’t figure it out. I have looked & researched online, YouTube, read the user manual, spent quite a few hours of systematic trail & error at home, I've tried using different modes and uninstalling & reinstalling via the library (on wifi as oppose to the DMXGowifi). I've read all the posts & answers in the DMXGo topic on this forum (hence my suggesting the name shortening solution), but I haven’t been able to find the answer to this problem?

So, currently I don’t use the 2 white Helix I bought, as I can only control them via manual mode which is possible but not how I want to work at events. Once set up & I set the parameters on my tab for the customisation of gigs I just love the ease of DMXGo!

I hope this makes sense!?! TIA

Thank you for your reply and advice. Perhaps I asked the wrong question...

I use the wireless ADJ DMXGo with Chauvet dongles & Samsung Tab to control my lights whilst DJing. I have been successfully using the tech for Equinox fusion 200 zoom spots, Chauvet wash fx2s, freedom sticks & obsession. Also EZ Links Q4s &Q6s,  but I prefer the BTair app to control these so that I don't need dongles. I have had no problems with any of theses fixtures so far the last 2 years at my events, it’s fun to use creating lovely effects at my fingertips!

However, when I tried to include the 2 white Helix into my projects & preset-programming the 2 Equinox Helix XP 150w Gobo Flower  will not stay channelled in?

I can connect them via my wireless dmxgo-dongle & control them on my tab but when using in one of my pre-programmed projects, as soon as I change the preset (e.g. from cake cutting to first dance)the connection is lost. And I have to find a new dmx channel to connect them again, but the same drop just repeats. It happens if I create a project solely for the helix or add helix to a project with other fixtures.

This is not workable in practice. I need the helix control to work like all the other lights I have. I can’t figure it out. I have looked & researched online, YouTube, read the user manual, spent quite a few hours of systematic trail & error at home, I've tried using different modes and uninstalling & reinstalling via the library (on wifi as oppose to the DMXGowifi). I've read all the posts & answers in the DMXGo topic on this forum (hence my suggesting the name shortening solution), but I haven’t been able to find the answer to this problem?

So, currently I don’t use the 2 white Helix I bought, as I can only control them via manual mode which is possible but not how I want to work at events. Once set up & I set the parameters on my tab for the customisation of gigs I just love the ease of DMXGo!

I hope the above makes sense! TIA

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.