Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I recently purchased 4 used DJ Scan 250s. I would like to program the lights to stay on a specific gobo color/action. I assume I need a DMX controller to achieve this?

Does anybody have recommendations for an inexpensive controller? Also, I would like a controller that already has the shows pre-programmed. Am I dreaming?

I do have a laptop, so perhaps the myDMX or compu would be my best bets?
even if u got compu or my dmx you would still need to program our scenes on your own. compu comes with pre generated button of pre set movements like circle and other misc effects. on my dmx u have the same effects avail to you but not already made into a scene for you. if you have any specific question let me know. either me or jthtiger can help you out as well as a few others im sure!
welcome! sincerely,
yep I'd be glad to help. There won't really be a console with a show already programmed due to the millions of types of things that may or may not be going on during a show. It just would not be practical. However, like jingles said there are pre-programmed movements which would eliminate the need for a little bit of programming, but any controller you get, you will have to program. (to some extent)

jthtiger
thanks to the both of you for the quick replies. I really appreciate it. I am a little concerned that programming the shows will be very time intensive. I am a mobile DJ and just want a way that I can pick a color, pick a gobo and let it run until I want to move to the next one.

Which controller would you suggest that would be inexpensive and not require a lot of programming or have some pre-programmed actions?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.