Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hey beth welcome to the forums. i would recommend for a good beginner controller the DMX operator 192. ya the stage setter is mainly geared towards par cans and other various lights or switch packs. but it can work but if your using intelligent lights on a console like that you are gonna run out of channels and fast. you can also use the conventional fixtures with the dmx operator aswell. any more questions please feel free to ask. sincerely,
Thanks for the info Jingles!!
OK I am very new to this, as I have always ran par cans and now the band tells me that we are going to all intel. lighting and LED Pars also color bars and all kinds of other light products
would you recomend any other controllers. And I am sure that when I do get the board I will be needing loooootttttssssss of help Eeker

Beth
You can get a lot done with just ParCans, so the DMX LED PAR CAN's and you are gonna be a nice match for multiple reasons. First, get the Pro models, trust me. Jingles and I know a great ADJ dealer.

First, you're gonna like the 1 fixture, any possible color of the LED Parcans. The second is the lack of power draw. So, since you're starting fresh, go all LED or as much as possible.

I'm all for the DMX Operator 192, but once I learn more, for not much more money, you can go MyDMX. I am putting my money where my mouth is, I have the DMX Operator(old version of the 192) and I have purchased MyDMX.

Me thinks the band is trying to make up for or mask a lack of talent with an excessive light show, but that's just opinion. Chicago, Kenny Loggins and ZZTopp had massive awesome light shows, and there's no need to mask any lack of talent.

Then again, Moody Blues wowed the audience with lights for a largely canned show.

The main issues are going to be budget. LED costs more. But you do get "more" features, so the money is justified. The lack of power draw is also a good bonus. Run it all off one circuit!

If you just want to wash your stage, go for the Punch Pro instead of the 64B LED Pros. Essentially the same concept just wider coverage area, so you could probably go half(2 front,2 back for example).
Try to budget a couple of moving heads with color and gobo wheels and gobo rotation. Trust me on that. As far as scanners, I can't recommend anything. my "high tech effects" that are scanner-inspired get the job sort of done for my audiences. Definately a DMX scanner would be good too.

Like Jingles, I have a YIM address. You can find me via my web site.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.