Hello All user I noticed a couple of post in regards to the VMS4's Mic's being distorted. If this happens to you please let us know what Mic you where using. Here are some few things to help you out with this.
1.Start with your EQ @ 12 oclock.
2. Never boost any EQ band all the way.
3. It is better to trim you bass this will reduce your probability of Feedback.(Feedback is not distortion)
4. Keep you MIC out of your output range Speaker range, monitors, even headphones can cause feedback if your gain is opened enough (Try @ your own risk)
5. If you are using wireless mic's set them to MIC output. The Mic inputs are for mic levels only.
6. if you experience cracking when you move there might be a problem with you mic cable, Try a different cable.
7. The Mics on the VMS4 do not have auto talk over so to adjust or balance your levels either bring up the gain on the Mic or lower the fader on the channel playing do not push them both.
Hope this helps