Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I am also having this same problem. I just recently purchased 2 fixtures off of Craigslist and knew there was an issue with them when I bought them. They both move and respond to sound. They also will work in master/slave mode. One had a bit of an issue when I hooked up my DMX controller to it, but I will worry about that after I get the lights working.

I opened up the casing on one light and saw that the socket for the light had a burnt wire, so i cut the burnt portion off and crimped them together. On this unit, colors are not functioning properly (they don't go all the way on one color). I think this might be because the wheel has a stop on it that is worn out, so it doesn't stop at the bolt. Perhaps the computer doesn't know where the location is, so it doesn't move the colors to the right spot. How can I fix the small stop on the wheel?

As for the other unit, the light just doesn't work. No visible problems, have tried changing the bulb.

Any help? I am going to have an educated friend of mine give me a hand with them, and if that doesn't work I will send them in. How much do you guys think it would cost to get this kind of problem repaired from ADJ?

Thanks so much for your help. I hope all of that made sense.
the light with the color issue...i would check and make sure the sensor is clean and the little magnet on the wheel is clean...if not, it can be causing intermitant issues with the PCB not knowing what color is where

The other one, i would venture to guess the powersupply is burnt out or has a blown fuse (on the PS itself) other than that i would say send it in to be checked out... prices on repair vary so i couldnt tell you an amount until it is in here and on the bench

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.