Skip to main content

As normal I brought my pro 1000, on tuesday, set it up and really didn't mess around with it till wednesday, evening when I notice like all the post before hand the left side wasn't reading my old cd, I just switched brands to sony so it was reading my sony copies, and the original copies, I did a quick count because I mix most if not all songs back to back, any rate to upgrade my old disk to new sony cd-r it would have been over 100 disk, at this time I called AA got the receptionist, you quickly informed me that everyone went home for the looong weekend, time was 5:30pm mst, my dealer closes at 7pm So I made a quick call to them, told them my plight, they told me to bring everything back, funny thing was since i had no intentions on returning this unit, fell in love with it just that fast, I threw out the box inners, foam was destroyed any way, someone had brough the unit they sold me back and they resold it to me. the registration card was partially filled out, and the manual looked like it was from a midnight reader, folded and what not, I didn't mind because this was going to be my portable unit, one which I bring to a location and just patch in and go to town with, but upon this problem and a pending gig on friday and saturday at a club that's always pack, i could have a, sent the unit back or b, redo all my disk, I went with a. after I got to the dealer the tech went in the back with the unit and one of my cd-r that i gave him, he emerge about 10 or 15 minutes later to tell me it was my disk that was dirty, but I came prepared I had my original, a very old one, and a recently made cd-r, all fail to read on the left side of the cd-r, but all read on the right side, I told him they are the same deck and should have the same performance either they both should read or they both will not read not one or the other. All I want is a unit that's going to do what I paid for it to do. So they gave me a new unit, and out the door I went, got home connected everything backup, and guess what, it read every disk from the dirty scratched, to the blue reflector,type you know the buy one get ten free, disk, so my question that might go unanswer is what is the deal with the left side of the pro 1000? is this a hit and miss, you might get one that works, you might not? Is the problem bad enough for a recall, my manufacture date from the old unit was march 2004 the one i have now that works flawless was manufactured around june 2004 according to the sticker.
It's an awesome player I have a few days before Friday to see if it's going to make me look great or like a fool! That's why I'm going to put it through the normal dj torture test, like run all night, press all the buttons, By the way I also own the velocity since it came out, Novemeber 2002, and I must say I took that unit to the war with me, Kuwait, not Iraq, and to this day the unit just keeps performing, Maybe I got the other guys problem and the dealer was trying to off load it instead of sending it back to you all to fix, either way I hope the unit I have now would prove just as reliable as the Velocity.
I know this was kind of long and thanks for hanging in there. The moral of the post check out your purchase as soon as possible.
To American Audio I expect you all to handle this left side issue and let up know what was up, and to keep turning out great products ps. I order a pair of those new headphones today as well.
Original Post
this seems to be a problem that happens with the dcd pro1000 as it has happened to me and a few others. I beleive it is something or some mechanism that is coming out of alignment, maybe during the shipping process or the construction process....most likely the shipping process.

you just have to hope that the unit you get works fine.

my only other question for my friends at AA is "can this happen when the unit is being loaded and unloaded into a truck for gigs??" there should be an after market fix to prevent this from happening "at all"

just my $0.02

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.