Skip to main content

Hi all, new on here and join join to hopefully get help and an issue sorted with my MyDMXGo.

Have brought secondhand and last night I was setting up the unit and app.

It would connect to the WiFi of my android device but it just wouldn't find it within the software nonmatter how many times I refreshed it or unplugged etc.

Now thought I'd try and connect on my laptop and update the MyDMXGo unit but it doesn't connect with usb (led just flashes) so I managed to get hardware manager to find in via the WiFi connection.

After a few clock ntp error messages and me setting the time and zone, I cannot connect at all now. I can connect to the smart dmx interface butit doesn't show in the devices.

Even bootloader method is just flashing 8.8. On the screen.

Also tried a few different leads but no luck....have I brought a dud unit??

Thanks in advance for any helpπŸ™

Last edited by Lee
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Nope 😩

The only thing I've had sucess with is directly connection the MyDMXGo to the Galaxy tablet via a usb-c to usb-c cable and then it shows it in the device list.

Even if I try and connect it tirelessly, it will connect to the smart dmx network but the device doesn't show up.

My next plan is to try a usb hub so I can at least keep the tablet from using its internal battery to power the MyDMXGo unit  all night.

Kind of defeats the point of having a wireless device to control my lights πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Nope 😩

It's got worse after that. I have completely list communication to the MyDMXGo in hardware manager now so I don't know what's happened.

The only sucess I've had which I discovered by pure chance is by directly connecting the unit to my Galaxt tablet via a usb-c to usb-c cable. This then shows the MyDMXGo unit in the device list.

Great, but I'm now looking at usb hubs so the tablets not powering the MyDMXGo all night draining the battery quicker.

Kind of defeats the point of having a wireless system though πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.