Skip to main content

New to MyDMX.  Running a MacBook Pro, 2020 M1, 16 GIg Memory.  While programming my lights I had spent 60+ minutes then MyDMX crashed.  Started programming again and this time I saved it every so often along with checked the "Auto Save(each minute).   Another 60+ minutes gone because i can't find the saved file anywhere, I don't believe it saved.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I just had something similar happen and I’m about 10 minutes away from throwing anything I own that says ADJ in the dumpster. I spent the last 3 days while awaiting the hardware I purchased to arrive programming an epic light show with midi automation, etc. I continuously save out of habit having run inherently unstable CAD software for decades. This morning while working on the show, excited about the arrival of my hardware today, it crashed and I can’t find ANY remnants of my save ANYWHERE on my computer. I’m about to blow a gasket.

Hi Stratosticks, i'm very sorry to hear of the issue you described. There should be a .dvc file saved on your computer somewhere, did you create a MyDMX 2.0 3 folder in your documents folder on mac? Or look directly in the MyDMX 2.0 3 application folder for even the temporary save file?
Can you tell me the Mac OS version number you are on and the version date of MyDMX 2.0 3 you have installed? I do apologize for the issue.

I ended up purchasing mydmx5 and starting over. Seems more stable. Prior to going with the new software I reinstalled 3.0 3 different times to see if it was some sort of installation bug. Every new installation simply did not create a saved .DVC file. I did several things to confirm that it wasn’t being saved or stored somewhere that I wasn’t looking, but it definitely was not storing it. Even when I would restart the software, it would say, could not find the file.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.