Skip to main content

Hello everyone. I currently have 2 pro scratch 2's...very good cd players for basic mixing.....backspinning on them sucks cuz the player is too slow and starts skipping...also, im dj with hip hop mainly and the main reason i wanna change them(ps2's) is beacuse lets say im playing a song i.e. Yeah by Usher....and i want to kill the instrumental...20 seconds into the song i play the acapella and try to line it up with the song by fast forwarding using the jog wheel(like a record) ....NO WAY!!! 3 seonds later the acapella starts skipping and gettin stuck and all this because the proscratch 2's arent fast enough....i tried doing that with *******s(800/1000) and denon(3000/5000) ...FLAWLESS...no drag no skipp no getting stuck when spinning the jog dials fast. BUt im not comforatble usiing Pio's or denons cuz they are very different and i am very used to pro scratch 2's. BAsically, my question is...HOW FAST ARE THE CDI500's?? ARE THEY FAST ENOUGH TO HANDLE THE TYPE OF MIXING I DO?? SOmeson plz help i really need to know because i have to purchase them soon. Thank you, DJ DOUBLE APPLE torontooooooo
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hey i am new here and dont know very much but i also have been asking alot of questions because i just bought the cdi 500 system (picking it up in a couple of hours) but i talked to DJ Stevie Ray and he said that the cdi is very fast and because of that it picks up minor burn errors and wont play most cdr's with our skipping ...sorry i dont know exactly how fast it is though im sure soon you will get a real answer.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.