Skip to main content

hello all...I just got my new cdi500 today!!!!! yahhhh itss soooooooo awesomee.. i love it... i onlyy got 1 because I am only 15 and can't afford $1400 Canadian for 2..lol... but I will try and get a review started on it.. if you already have one what do you think of it?? the scratching is alright..is there a way to get it so it goes with the music?? kinda like a real turntable... anyways jus lemme know if you have 1 so I have some references for questions..c ya
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

helloo..sorry i wanted to edit this post again because I can not seem to be able to save my samples...will somebody walk me through the simple process after the point where I just created my 4 samples and they work..now i want to turn off the machine and finish but how do i save the samples so they are there next time I turn it on??
Corbett, it's quite ok to post your personal thoughts about the CDI500, but you are not an offical reviewer, and a person who wants to do a review on any Audio Products must first sign agreements with ADJ.

Now when you use the scratching function makes sure that you use the 2 different selections that you have before you state that the scratching doesn't go with the music. You have 1 solid green light that indicates that the vinyl mode is on, and then you can turn on the flashing red mode that activates the instant return, or ( Bop ). Feel out what you like better.
hello all again..thanks for the tips... ya good news i got my cdi500..great unit i love itSmiler Smiler but a few questions... please someone help me beacuse i called adj and they put me on hold forever so I didnt bother.. (no offence to them)..but here r my questions

1. how do i save my samples so when I turn the unit back on they are already loaded?
2. I am looking for a case to protect it/carrying case.. i cant fine any?? any1 help??lol
3. what can I use to clean the outside of it too keep it in mint condition?? like the platter n stuff?
4.what is digital out?? ill take it it means digital output but I dont know what it is for the cdi500?lol thanks

thanks alot guys I appreciate it.. again i give credit to adj for making such a fun and great unit
quote:
Originally posted by Djcorbett:
[qb]
2. I am looking for a case to protect it/carrying case.. i cant fine any?? any1 help??lol
[/qb]
It's on the way from ADJ...hang tight. There may be an aftermarket case that fits it, though.

quote:
[qb]
3. what can I use to clean the outside of it too keep it in mint condition?? like the platter n stuff?
[/qb]

"Swiffers" work for me. Also, a slightly damp cloth works too. NEVER spray any liquid or cleaner directly on your decks.

quote:
[qb]
4.what is digital out?? ill take it it means digital output but I dont know what it is for the cdi500?lol thanks
[/qb]

You would use that if you had a mixer with digital inputs. ADJ's just thinking ahead. Or if you had a computer sound card with digital inputs, you could record directly from your deck.

quote:
[qb]
thanks alot guys I appreciate it.. again i give credit to adj for making such a fun and great unit [/qb]
No problem. Anytime. Smiler
thanks aloottt billabong... jus still for question 1..
1. how do i save my samples so when I turn the unit back on they are already loaded?

any body know the answer?? and also another if anyone knows...

i do not have any special sound card but i do have a good computer and I want to learn how to record my mixes on my computer..jus like I am playing in my bedroom but recording it.. for a mixtape idea.. anybody know?? thanks alot..

dj corbett
Corbett,
I will check on the saving samples thing when I get home tonight.

Also to record, all you need is RCA's out from your mixer, to the "in" on your soundcard (you probably need an RCA > 1/8" stereo adapter) which is available from Radio Shack. And a piece of software capable of recording. I like Soundforge, although there are many others that do a decent job.
thanks alot..yes please just check on the samples for me and also how to basically save any changes u have made 2 the effects etc. n cue points..how 2 save them too..

rhue thanks alot for the number.. i will consider it..no offence..just I am only 15 so it would be odd of an age difference ( i am assuming)..lol...

I am going to try the recording thing soon thanks a million again..
Rhue, you dirty old man.....

Corbett, I forgot to play with that tonight, but I have discovered a couple of new tricks available on the CDI, don't worry, I'll get to yours too. I am going to start doing a weekly video feature of trick available on the CDI, and PS2's.....Now if I can only get this darn camera, and my wife to agree to cooperate....lol
ooo sounds goood.. and for sum weird reason I am not able 2 record onto my computer? something is stopping me and I am not hearing what is palying through the mixer... the rca cable is goin from the input to go to the amp and over to the computer with one of those things that puts it together and makes it fit into the spot (1/8?)...ya and then I have soundforge (the demo cant find serial) and i have the line in volume turned up..and I am not gettin any sound when I record..thanks
quote:
Originally posted by Djcorbett:
[qb] ooo sounds goood.. and for sum weird reason I am not able 2 record onto my computer? ..............and I am not gettin any sound when I record..thanks [/qb]
Make sure it is in the Line-In, not Mic In.

Make sure Line-In is not muted in the Windows mixer.

Make sure Line-In is selected as the recording source in Windows mixer.

You have to double-click the little speaker in the system tray to bring up the Windows mixer. Then, under...'Advanced' I think, on the menu, there should be a option for 'Recording'. Check that out too.

With most sound cards, you should be able to hear the Line-In source through your computer speakers before you are even recording. If not, something is wrong.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.