Skip to main content

Hi all,

Today, I got a chance to test out the CDI 500 . I msut say I was very impressed. The CD Player is TIGHT and the wheel is very responsive to what you are doing.

The unit has alot of effects but I can't comment on the sound quality because it was being pumped through some very small ****** speakers (looked like computer speakers).

The scratch sounded good to my ears but again I would really need to hear the scratch through better speakers.

the build quality and feel of the buttons was also very good and the LCD screen is the BOMB. The CD marking on the screen is AWESOME feature and made back queing alot of fun and very easy.

I must say I was pleasently surprised by the quality of this unit. I wasn't expecting this good a unit at this price point. My friend who came along with me ( he's not a DJ) was also very impressed by the CDI 500. He told me that I sounded better on the CDI 500 then on the Denon. I am not ready to make that statement because I think the denons were not setup properly.

Bottom line, If you are in the market for the scratch CD Player by all means go down and try one out for yourself.

I have videos I took with my digital camera which I will attempt to find some where to put them. Once I do I will post the link up here.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

heyy... alright I jus orderd my cdi 500 2 days ago...so it should be in a few days... I chose it over the PS2 because of what other people have said and the fact that it is a newer model basically.. but wouuld you pm me and maybe you could send me the files over MSN Messanger or something because I really would not mind seeing them..I paid $590 Canadian for it... is it going to be worth my while?? thanks

Dj Corbett

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.