Skip to main content

I am having an issue with the gobo wheel on an that is out of warranty.

Unit powers up and indicates it has DMX signal. I am using DMX cable & termination. About 50% of the time, when I move the gobo wheel fader, gobos display correctly until I reach the end of patterns. When wheel reverses to back to the beginning for the gobo shake effect--I get a quick noise (as it returns to the beginning)--then the gobo patterns will be split. I can use the "reset" command to correct the positioning--and and all is OK from that time until shutdown. Even if I scroll back & forth thru regular and gobo shake positions, once that reset is done, the gobos do not split--and I don't get any wheel noise.

On other days the split gobo pattern will show up as soon as I move the gobo fader. Again, a "reset" comand fixes this.

All other functions work fine; color wheel has no issues. I have cleaned the area around the gobo wheel with a fine tipped long q tip dipped in alcohol, with no change in the issue. The unit is not over heating and the issue will occur without any time delay--ie. if I power up, then move the gobo fader, it will happen then.

Any idea what the problem/fix is?

Thanks.
Original Post

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.