As I also received my VMS4 and found that the Traktor Pro config was really crappy, I decided to make my own configuration. This is release 1.0, as I tested everything at home, but not live, so I have no idea yet if it is really handy and workable in "pressure setting and low light conditions". Updates will follow.
Changes to the original AA tsi:
- All EQ, fader and Cue functionality remapped to make it work good.
- I use the post EQ operating mode (boot the VMS4 with PFL Cue on channel 4 pressed while turning it on) as well as the 8 Out mode with Traktor Pro in external mixer mode;
- I use the MIC 1 on/off button for the Deck Layout switch between 2 and 4 deck mode;
- The Mic 2 on/off button is used for Deck Size;
- The MIC 1 gain rotary is used for Window Deck Zoom (all decks, easy to change for each deck individuel by using the MIC 1 EQ rotaries);
- The Pause button is now used by me as a Sync button (also a fast Shit functionality to control deck A/C and deck B/D fast;
- The original Sync/Range button is now used as a "shift" between deck A/C (left button) and deck B/D (right button);
- All Loop, Hot Cue and all other deck functionality remapped with modifiers (M1 for deck A/C en M2 for deck B/D) and being used in four deck mode trough the new deck shift mode buttons (the Sync/Range ones);
- Added Phase sync functionality to all hot cue's ;
- Jog wheels (I am not a scratch DJ) for track scratch/seek operations (while the deck is not playing) and while plaing for tree (left jog)/list (right jog) search;
- The Vinyl button (left) for tree expand and collapse;
- The Loop Smart button is now a loop in point move forward function;
- As the Loop section in normal and Shift mode is now identical, which has no use, I will remap thet to the Shift mode for Loop In and Loop Out point forward/backward functionality;
- Effect section for four effect mode (nor priority for me, as I only use 2 effect sections);
- Use of the Shift mode for "Super Effect rotaries" on the EQ section;
- Find something usefull to map for the touch bars.
Have fun and get more out of the VMS4 now.