Skip to main content

Hi All,

As I also received my VMS4 and found that the Traktor Pro config was really crappy, I decided to make my own configuration. This is release 1.0, as I tested everything at home, but not live, so I have no idea yet if it is really handy and workable in "pressure setting and low light conditions". Updates will follow.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U08STAZS

Changes to the original AA tsi:

- All EQ, fader and Cue functionality remapped to make it work good.
- I use the post EQ operating mode (boot the VMS4 with PFL Cue on channel 4 pressed while turning it on) as well as the 8 Out mode with Traktor Pro in external mixer mode;
- I use the MIC 1 on/off button for the Deck Layout switch between 2 and 4 deck mode;
- The Mic 2 on/off button is used for Deck Size;
- The MIC 1 gain rotary is used for Window Deck Zoom (all decks, easy to change for each deck individuel by using the MIC 1 EQ rotaries);
- The Pause button is now used by me as a Sync button (also a fast Shit functionality to control deck A/C and deck B/D fast;
- The original Sync/Range button is now used as a "shift" between deck A/C (left button) and deck B/D (right button);
- All Loop, Hot Cue and all other deck functionality remapped with modifiers (M1 for deck A/C en M2 for deck B/D) and being used in four deck mode trough the new deck shift mode buttons (the Sync/Range ones);
- Added Phase sync functionality to all hot cue's ;
- Jog wheels (I am not a scratch DJ) for track scratch/seek operations (while the deck is not playing) and while plaing for tree (left jog)/list (right jog) search;
- The Vinyl button (left) for tree expand and collapse;
- The Loop Smart button is now a loop in point move forward function;

Updates:
- As the Loop section in normal and Shift mode is now identical, which has no use, I will remap thet to the Shift mode for Loop In and Loop Out point forward/backward functionality;
- Effect section for four effect mode (nor priority for me, as I only use 2 effect sections);
- Use of the Shift mode for "Super Effect rotaries" on the EQ section;
- Find something usefull to map for the touch bars.

Have fun and get more out of the VMS4 now.

R
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Rynaldo:
Hi All,

As I also received my VMS4 and found that the Traktor Pro config was really crappy, I decided to make my own configuration. This is release 1.0, as I tested everything at home, but not live, so I have no idea yet if it is really handy and workable in "pressure setting and low light conditions". Updates will follow.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U08STAZS

Changes to the original AA tsi:

- All EQ, fader and Cue functionality remapped to make it work good.
- I use the post EQ operating mode (boot the VMS4 with PFL Cue on channel 4 pressed while turning it on) as well as the 8 Out mode with Traktor Pro in external mixer mode;
- I use the MIC 1 on/off button for the Deck Layout switch between 2 and 4 deck mode;
- The Mic 2 on/off button is used for Deck Size;
- The MIC 1 gain rotary is used for Window Deck Zoom (all decks, easy to change for each deck individuel by using the MIC 1 EQ rotaries);
- The Pause button is now used by me as a Sync button (also a fast Shit functionality to control deck A/C and deck B/D fast;
- The original Sync/Range button is now used as a "shift" between deck A/C (left button) and deck B/D (right button);
- All Loop, Hot Cue and all other deck functionality remapped with modifiers (M1 for deck A/C en M2 for deck B/D) and being used in four deck mode trough the new deck shift mode buttons (the Sync/Range ones);
- Added Phase sync functionality to all hot cue's ;
- Jog wheels (I am not a scratch DJ) for track scratch/seek operations (while the deck is not playing) and while plaing for tree (left jog)/list (right jog) search;
- The Vinyl button (left) for tree expand and collapse;
- The Loop Smart button is now a loop in point move forward function;

Updates:
- As the Loop section in normal and Shift mode is now identical, which has no use, I will remap thet to the Shift mode for Loop In and Loop Out point forward/backward functionality;
- Effect section for four effect mode (nor priority for me, as I only use 2 effect sections);
- Use of the Shift mode for "Super Effect rotaries" on the EQ section;
- Find something usefull to map for the touch bars.

Have fun and get more out of the VMS4 now.

R

That's sounds great, I have handed mine back now (maybe I should have waited lol).

What are you running Traktor Pro with Mac or Pc?

Do you have a problem with any cue button volumes.?
Tnks Rynaldo for the mapping!
Can you please explain which button is for loading tracks? I get the "Ch01.Note.F7" for deck A but i can't figure out which button it refers to.
Also the "vms4_midi_table" pdf gives the values in decimal format but in traktor appear different. If you can assist me on that it would be great!

Thanks
@ MisterC

I run Traktor Pro on a Sony laptop with W7/64 bits. I use the VMS4 besides 2 X1's. Runs smooth. No issues with the Cue buttons and volumes in TP. Off course I remapped all functionality in a solid tsi file.

@ napsyloos

The track load buttons are the mousepad load buttons (shift for deck C and D).
Not happy with the track load function on the cue buttons. It can bring unwanted effects if faders are up and LED Out responds strange.

I will bring the track load to the Shift & Pitch Bend buttons left and right corresponding with the simular channels for each deck (ACBD). Also implemented a Deck Duplicate on the Shift & Sync/Range buttons (Deck A to B and Deck B to D).
Hi all,

tested the mapping now a bit more and used it for a full hour and had some comments as well. So an update of the 1.0 mapping:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I5TFDHJH

Change Log for version 1.1:
- added Beat Phase Monitor LED Out on the Cue button (left and right deck) for all decks;
- added Phase Monitor LED Out on the Pitch Bend buttons, also for all decks;
- changed the deck Load assignments to the Shift & Pitch Bend buttons (deck order ACBD from left to right);
- put a Snap On/Off function to the right Vinyl button;
- put Deck Duplicate functionality on Shift & Sync/Range left and right section (duplicating deck A to C and deck B to D);
- remapped the Shift & Loop sections left and right:
IN = Loop In Point moving backwards;
OUT = Loop In Point moving forwards;
RELOOP = Loop Out Point moving backwards;
SMART = Loop Out Point moving forwards.

Remember, track load is now different. Deck switch is still implemented as a modifier Shift on the Sync/Range buttons.

Have even more usefull fun with the mapping now.

If you load the tsi 1.1 file, make sure you also delete the two X1 controller configs in controller manager, as I also use them, but if you do not have them, you can throw them away without any issue.
can any body please posta mirrot (zippyshare) preffered to Reynaldo's map caus each map i tried seems bad .. liek the one im trying now its seems to have both decks A and B on Channel 2 ?!

how can i fix that

ps im using this mapping (forgot were i downloaded it)[ VMS4_Mapping_4_Decks_TSP.tsi]
quote:
Originally posted by Jungle_Brothah:
I notice a popping sound when the sync/range button is pressed using this mapping (still on Rynaldo version 1.0).

Can anyone confirm this?
Latency changing also doesn't prevent this, i've tried 30ms and still the popping sound.

hello, i had this problem to. But after google-ing a time I found the solution:
Go to the ASIO settings, and set the asio buffer length to 40 ms. This will make the respond time of your vms4 a bit slower, but it gives no more plopping sound or disortion when you switch between the decks.

Thanks rynaldo for saving me (a lot of) time with finding a good mapping for my VMS4.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.