Skip to main content

I've installed the software on a Windows 10 PC and everything works as expected and straight away so I know the download is good.

I've also installed it on a Windows 7 laptop which will be the controlling computer. W7 because it also has a Hitachi photo printer attached to it and that only has drivers up to W7. As the system is offline I'm not worried about using the old OS.

MyDMX3.0 control software loads as expected but if I go to tools and 'hardware manager' nothing happens.

I've tried running the standalone exe in the hardwaremanager folder, I see it appear briefly in task manager but then it closes again so I assume it's crashed.

If I run EasyView2 it part loads but crashes citing Qt5widgets.dll as the fault module.

I've tried reinstalling QT5widgets.dll in both the program directories and system32/syswow64 directories but the results are the same. I've also installed 32 and 64 bit C++ 2015 redistributables but so far no luck.

I wonder if anyone else has come across this or is simply not compatible with older OSs?

Paul

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Are there early versions of MyDMX3.0 still available anywhere that will support the dongle and run on W7?

Security isn't an issue as the controlling laptop is never online but as part of the show it is also used to print photos from a photo booth style set up. The printer wasn't supported in W10 so no drivers are available hence the lappy running W7.

If need be I could just dual boot it but if there is an old version of MyDMX kicking around that was written with W7 support it would be a better solution, and I promise the owner will never ask for support of it

Paul

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.