Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The manual isn't too hot on explaining about the library editor works. Also, the library editor is not very intuitive for new user. I don't feel this is a weak point though. Once someone has gone through the effort of making their own profile and having it double checked, afterwards, the profile editor becomes much more logicial.

It would be nice if more users would TRY to make their own profiles instead of immediately asking for help. Me, I make my own profiles these days. Sorry, the old school in me. Jingles is fast about making profiles, but I'm usually in need of faster!
Slow? No, you're way faster than I am. But you're busy making profiles for everyone else. So far I've been lucky, seriously lucky. Most of my profiles already exist in the various libraries. Having the Mega Panel and 64 LED UV already in the library saved my VALUABLE time on my previous show.

I'll make my own then share with anyone who wants them. Share and share alike. Speaking of which, I'm tweaking the Mega Panel profile, it's not accurate as far as what the manual says.

Then again, I'm just a sound guy. What do I know about lights?

That reminds me, I've redone my laptop and MyDMX tested and passed with flying colors. I need to re-import my show files and start working again. I got my main machine chewing on HD video renders, and another machine doing video captures. 2 other machines are busy burping out DVD's. There there are my 2 file and print servers, web server, mail server, main mail client.... We keep the data moving around here!
Hello . The channel would have 000-031 No Function- Dimmer Control , 032-127 would be low to high intensity chases . 128-159 color mixing , 160-191 3 color chase ,192-223 7 color chase, 224-255 sound active mode . These are preprogrammed into par cans on this one channel . Hope this makes sense . Thanks Ken
Hi there! I'm trying to create a profile for the Chauvet LEDsplash 86B. After watching your video, I'm able to create the profile and save it, but it doesn't respond in the 3D visualizer. I'm also unable to adjust the size of the object in the visualizer. I tried adjusting the size smaller when I created the profile, but then the objects don't show in the visualizer. They're there - I can select them from the list and the alignment lines show up, I just can't see where they are otherwise and they don't respond to the controls. I'm able to add them to my show and they seem fine there, as far as I can tell. Oh, also, all the dialog messages in the scanlibrary editor are in French, even though I've selected English in the language drop down from the menu bar. It also seems to always be giving me an error when I save. It seems to be a generic one about something not being valid, but I'm not sure, since I don't read a lick of French. When I test the profile before saving it the editor doesn't identify any errors.

Sorry about the rambling nature of this post. I'm a pretty big fan of myDMX, and especially the visualizer, since I don't have room to set up all my lights in my living room to see how my settings look. The big issue here is having that profile work in the visualizer, but getting the dialog messages in English would be nice, too. Thanks, in advance for any help.
Well, as soon as I got done with that post, I went back to the visualizer and there they were. Still can't change the size, but at least they respond now, so i can work with them. I'd still like to be able to adjust the size and have English dialog messages in the editor, so if you can help with those, I'd very much appreciate it

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.