Skip to main content

Before buying my VMS4, I registered in this forum and read lots of negative comments about the controller and also on the internet. Since I have been using American audio products and never had problems with them, I decided to go ahead and make an order for the VMS4 which arrived yesterday. First thing I did was to test all the complains I have been reading about this product and I must admit that I am really really satisfied with it. I found nothing wrong with my VMS4, most of the complains might not be related to the product itself. I once read someone complaining about a humming noise comming from the VMS4, I also heard the same noise yesterday from my powered speaker but discovered it was not a problem from VMS4 but from my laptop. I have a sony vaio laptop and when I connect the power supply cable, the humming noise starts and when I unplug it from the wall, it stops. Can anyone help me on what to do?

Though I like Virtual DJ, I am used to using the PCDJ and had problems to find a mapping that can work with it properly. Can anyone help me with a mapping for PCDJ Dex?

American Audio really did a great job producing the VMS4, I am now looking forward to buy more of their product and the senseries speakers are my next target.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

first, thx for the headsup. Smiler

i'm also still convinced with the device and overall very happy with it.

and as with every software or hardware - in many cases the error sits in front of it! Wink also, this is a common thing in forums that most ppl start writing there if anything goes wrong and only rarely if all is fine.

unfortunately, i have no idea about pcdj and cant help you further with it... so, if no one here can jump in, you're probably better off checking the pcdj forums.
Thanks for the response DJ Freshfluke. I checked the PCDJ forum and read that a newer version will soon be officially released that will support VMS4.

I also solved the problem of the humming noise from my power speakers. I first connected it from RCA cables to XLR but I changed from XLR to XLR and the noise is almost not existing. The only thing is that I have to buy XLR splitter so that I can simultaneously connect the VMS4 to my power speakers and also power amplifier.

It's really great that VMS4 is having balanced XLR output.
quote:
Originally posted by Chrische:
Thanks for the response DJ Freshfluke. I checked the PCDJ forum and read that a newer version will soon be officially released that will support VMS4.

ah, good to know! Smiler

quote:
I also solved the problem of the humming noise from my power speakers. I first connected it from RCA cables to XLR but I changed from XLR to XLR and the noise is almost not existing.

great! Smiler

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.