Skip to main content

new mappings are in the making and will be upped as soon as ready



17.08.2010
Traktor Scratch Pro Mapping from Djane Freshfluke added in the DL section
This is a mapping for Traktor DVS Users in combination with Audio 8 as external soundcard
Check the included PDF for further details!
Freshfluke's VMS4 & TSP mapping

Traktor Pro mapping (no DVS version) from Djane Freshfluke added in the DL section
Check the included PDF for further details!
Freshfluke's VMS4 mapping (no DVS)

Mapping from user W.A.R.Z
Traktor Mapping from User Warz

16.08.2010
New mapping added from user Rynaldo V. 1.1
http://forums.americandj.com/e...27105965/m/408102896
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by HartmutADJEU:
new mappings are in the making and will be upped as soon as ready


Thank you.

Are the new mappings for the VDJ or Traktor Pro PC/MAC.

There is a problem for the AA guys, I think the mapping won't change the fault with midlog 2 also controlling master volume, so you can't use it as a mixer.

I have mapped midlog1 + midlog4 to work around but now have a problem with the cue.

TBH if can't be fixed on a Mac or with Traktor Pro can you say, so at least I can take it down and set up my old system, I can see this going on for another 3/4 months.
quote:
Originally posted by MisterC:
quote:
Originally posted by HartmutADJEU:
new mappings are in the making and will be upped as soon as ready


Thank you.

Are the new mappings for the VDJ or Traktor Pro PC/MAC.

There is a problem for the AA guys, I think the mapping won't change the fault with midlog 2 also controlling master volume, so you can't use it as a mixer.

I have mapped midlog1 + midlog4 to work around but now have a problem with the cue.

TBH if can't be fixed on a Mac or with Traktor Pro can you say, so at least I can take it down and set up my old system, I can see this going on for another 3/4 months.



MisterC read the name of the post "VMS4 traktor mappings",hehe :P
quote:
Originally posted by W.A.R.Z:
quote:
Originally posted by MisterC:
quote:
Originally posted by HartmutADJEU:
new mappings are in the making and will be upped as soon as ready


Thank you.

Are the new mappings for the VDJ or Traktor Pro PC/MAC.

There is a problem for the AA guys, I think the mapping won't change the fault with midlog 2 also controlling master volume, so you can't use it as a mixer.

I have mapped midlog1 + midlog4 to work around but now have a problem with the cue.

TBH if can't be fixed on a Mac or with Traktor Pro can you say, so at least I can take it down and set up my old system, I can see this going on for another 3/4 months.



MisterC read the name of the post "VMS4 traktor mappings",hehe :P


Many thanks for pointing this out bro lol, what it doesn't say though is will the new mappings sort out the cue problems with 4 decs in Traktor, they have taken off the Traktor Pro tsi files now though.
If the cue problems can't be fixed with mapping then maybe the firmware update clears it?

There doing a great job to be honest in a short time however you just don't know what they trying to do as they don't sat hence the questions.
THIS IS MY MAPPING AND FINISHED

good people and I have finished my setup for 4 decks in traktor, now it is completely manageable with four decks, fx, loops etc., I found the solution as follows, in the front panel switches (formerly selector of crosfader, I mapped the selector is left to the deck A CH1 and CH2 for Deck C,, and the right side is the DECK B CH3 and CH4 the DECK D,, everything is mapped to handle 4 decks with 2 sections (left and right) of the VMS4. then the second thing that I've done is I've only mapped four hotkeys for channel (I'm not going to use more so that's why I did so) to each channel has its own color of hotkeys, I hope that more than one person thank me,,and thanks to jungle_brother for the assing channel idea

here you have the link
[url=http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/97344798/file.html]

PD: remember before load the mapping put the vms4 in postmixer & 8 out ,,and this mapping and audio setup is for work in traktor external mixer
Last edited by warz
Great news WARZ!
I'm currently on vacation so don't have time to look at it.
I'm very curious to know how you figured the crossfader assign midi signals out, and will check the tsi file when i'm back.

One thing I would like to ask you:
You say you have the left side for decks a and c and the right side for b and d.
What if you want to use deck b and c, did you also figure out to switch the sides?As now deck b is on the right side and deck c on the left side reading from you post.
quote:
Originally posted by Jungle_Brothah:
Great news WARZ!
I'm currently on vacation so don't have time to look at it.
I'm very curious to know how you figured the crossfader assign midi signals out, and will check the tsi file when i'm back.

One thing I would like to ask you:
You say you have the left side for decks a and c and the right side for b and d.
What if you want to use deck b and c, did you also figure out to switch the sides?As now deck b is on the right side and deck c on the left side reading from you post.

i put to modificators one for a/C and one for B/D ,,changing selector
selector of thee left is for A/C and de RIght for B/D
I will explain better if you use the deck "A" put the left in the channel mapper a channel 1 if you want to use the "C" put the left in the channel mapper 2,,, if you use the deck "B" put the right Mapper on channel 3 and if you want to use the "D" put the right mapper on Channel 4, I have done so because "A" and "C" are left wing and "B" and "D" right wing, not jungle_brother is because they see your rare or curious in Spain is the usual way and for my is the best mapping to work fine

I've never really used the crossfader only my faders so I do not care if the crossfader is not working well because I only use the 4 faders so my style (minimal, techno, tech-house, vocal house) I will not let you scratch least, this is a configuration for djing these styles, if you want to scratch will still have to find another mine mapping or modify

pd: Each channel also has its own channel mapping purposes, now has four effects channels, instead of the 2 channels that are configured by default
Last edited by warz
quote:
Originally posted by naysiploos:
many thanks W.A.R.Z for the mapping!
i have set the four decks to work but i can't figure out how to control decks C and D. Is there a modifier button?
same with the effects 3 and 4.

you see your really down configuration and setup wizard,, import and export,,, click on import,,, and check all the options, mapping, audio, etc, this should work, to choose a deck just press the monitor button cue its channel, the fx each channel has an own
hi hardwirded,
please find below the answer from freshluke, which see has send me via email. She will register soon and participate in this forum.

quote from freshfluke:

I only really need 2 channels but I'd like to be able to set 8 cue points, sync them, and use all traktors effects.

=> if you're brave enough Smiler

* open preferences > controller manager
* select the vms mapping from the dropdown list "device" on the top
* search for entries "Select/Set=Store Hotcue" (click on headline of the table to sort alphabetically)
* select one of those that have the assignment "Deck C"
* now change the assignment to "Deck A" via the dropdown in the lower part of the window
* now change "Set to Value" to "Hotcue 5"
* close the prefences. shift+hotcue 1 should now jump to hotcue 5
* open the prefences and change the other deck c (and deck d,
respectively) hotcues like described to the other values (6,7,8)

cue and play the wrong way round?

in traktor, the play button is on the left. i found it confusing to have that order changed on the hardware, although easily possible:

* controller manager again
* select "Cue" with assignment "Deck A"
* click on LEARN
* press the button that has CUE printed on it. the value should now change to another note
* disengage LEARN by clicking on it again

* now find "Play/Pause" for Deck A
* click LEARN
* press the button on the VMS with the play sign (>Wink, the value of the note should change now
* disengage the LEARN button by clicking on it
* close the prefs and check if it's working as expected.
* repeat accordingly for deck b.

NOTE: this is a quick and dirty solution, since deck c and d controls are still functional. if you really dont need deck c and d you might want to delete every entry assigned to deck c and d.

NOTE 2: the outputs, i.e. lights are working inversed now. ean golden wrote on djtechtools.com a comprehensive guide how to map the LEDs in traktor. have a read and see if you manage to change the lights now by yourself.

NOTE 3: always export a working mapping via the export button and save it with another name!!!

NOTE 4: yes, it's easy to screw things up, so act carefully!!! Wink


when i come back to germany, i will create a more advanced mapping that will have all 8 cue points and added functionality/versatility.

this one was meant to be basic and easy to memorize. Smiler

Also, I have a crossfader issue... if i assign c2 on left and c3 on the right; c2 stays on no matter which side I slide it?... ideas?


preferences > output routing > mixing mode on internal? set it to EXTERNAL!
Have you tried these mappings fond on the http://www.adjaudio.com website?

  
Traktor Duo 1.2.5 Midi Command File (zip)

Traktor Pro Midi Command File (Zip)

I haven't tried them my self as I got frustrated after 6 days and boxed it backup, have it the trunk of my car read to return.

I got it a lower than the MSRP, so if any one wants it let me know!

quote:
Originally posted by HartmutADJEU:
hi hardwirded,
please find below the answer from freshluke, which see has send me via email. She will register soon and participate in this forum.

quote from freshfluke:

I only really need 2 channels but I'd like to be able to set 8 cue points, sync them, and use all traktors effects.

=> if you're brave enough Smiler

* open preferences > controller manager
* select the vms mapping from the dropdown list "device" on the top
* search for entries "Select/Set=Store Hotcue" (click on headline of the table to sort alphabetically)
* select one of those that have the assignment "Deck C"
* now change the assignment to "Deck A" via the dropdown in the lower part of the window
* now change "Set to Value" to "Hotcue 5"
* close the prefences. shift+hotcue 1 should now jump to hotcue 5
* open the prefences and change the other deck c (and deck d,
respectively) hotcues like described to the other values (6,7,8)

cue and play the wrong way round?

in traktor, the play button is on the left. i found it confusing to have that order changed on the hardware, although easily possible:

* controller manager again
* select "Cue" with assignment "Deck A"
* click on LEARN
* press the button that has CUE printed on it. the value should now change to another note
* disengage LEARN by clicking on it again

* now find "Play/Pause" for Deck A
* click LEARN
* press the button on the VMS with the play sign (>Wink, the value of the note should change now
* disengage the LEARN button by clicking on it
* close the prefs and check if it's working as expected.
* repeat accordingly for deck b.

NOTE: this is a quick and dirty solution, since deck c and d controls are still functional. if you really dont need deck c and d you might want to delete every entry assigned to deck c and d.

NOTE 2: the outputs, i.e. lights are working inversed now. ean golden wrote on djtechtools.com a comprehensive guide how to map the LEDs in traktor. have a read and see if you manage to change the lights now by yourself.

NOTE 3: always export a working mapping via the export button and save it with another name!!!

NOTE 4: yes, it's easy to screw things up, so act carefully!!! Wink


when i come back to germany, i will create a more advanced mapping that will have all 8 cue points and added functionality/versatility.

this one was meant to be basic and easy to memorize. Smiler

Also, I have a crossfader issue... if i assign c2 on left and c3 on the right; c2 stays on no matter which side I slide it?... ideas?


preferences > output routing > mixing mode on internal? set it to EXTERNAL!
En español:
Bueno, por fin hoy he recibido mi vms4... Alegría Big Grin !!! Seguida de una gran decepción Eeker .
He probado todos los archivos mapping y la mayoría de los controles son inservibles.
Estoy haciendo algo mal o es así? Confused
Ayuda!!!

In english:
Well, finally today I received my VMS4 ... Joy Big Grin ! Followed by a big disappointment Eeker .
I tried all the mapping files and most controls are useless.
I'm doing something wrong or is it? Confused
Help!
Hey, i have recently downloaded fresh fluke's 4 deck Traktor Pro mapping. I works much better than the original map but I've got a couple of small issues...

1. The shift buttons used to switch between decks have to be permanently held to gain control of decks C and D. I've tried to locate the button in controller manager but can't seem to find it. I assume they're meant to switch between the decks as a toggle rather than only when held down.

2. For some reason when the jogwheel is in scratch mode it stops the tempo fader from working..?

any ideas?

Thanks!
quote:
Originally posted by Rynaldo:
I also posted a four deck mapping here now, so there are now options enough for Traktor pro to get you headstarted and optimise your own tsi settings for optimal use.


Hi there I like your mapping idea, however I have a weird preoblem with it.

I see that to get around the non toggling SHIFT button (ADJ Please fix this in the next firmware it's really irritating) you mapped the SYNC to change decks with modifiers.

Ther problem i have is that if i press the button quickly it slows the music down, and if i use it normally i get a very strange glitch in the sound.

I tested it both on my big rig and the laptop also using the NI-A4

I use windows 7x64 not MAC

Have you seen this issue? Does anyone else have the same issue ?


EDIT......

I found your reply ....

I noticed it as well now. That is the Send Monitor State function (updates all led's for e.g. hot cue's and so one) which causes that. That function is a bit buggy (found it on a forum stating it creates clicks and pops).
Last edited by markstewartjsm
quote:
Originally posted by MisterC:
quote:
Originally posted by HartmutADJEU:
new mappings are in the making and will be upped as soon as ready


Thank you.

Are the new mappings for the VDJ or Traktor Pro PC/MAC.

There is a problem for the AA guys, I think the mapping won't change the fault with midlog 2 also controlling master volume, so you can't use it as a mixer.

I have mapped midlog1 + midlog4 to work around but now have a problem with the cue.

TBH if can't be fixed on a Mac or with Traktor Pro can you say, so at least I can take it down and set up my old system, I can see this going on for another 3/4 months.


This is Comical your problem is that you are using the VMS4 as your default sound device, as a WDM device so its routing your sound to the 1st set of audio channels this is the reason why you need asio drivers on PC's.

This is not a firmware issue this is a PC set up issue check your setting.
Hi Guys, i am very new to mapping etc. In fact this is my very first midi controller. I am having huge problems running it smoothly.

Is there a basic set up i can do. I have tried importing TSI files that have been posted on this but none seem to work even close to what they should do.

The AA instructions for a Mac user are utter rubbish and i am going out of my head trying to figure it all out. Im very excited about the VMS4, but so far it's the most confusing thing ever.

I am running on an uptodate Mac.
&
Traktor Scratch Pro 1.2.4

Can someone give me step by step instructions please?

I would be eternally greatfull!

My fingers are crossed!
mapping by icebrkr, taken from this thread:
http://forums.americandj.com/e...7105965/m/4700003306


Here's a version of my Virtual DJ 6 (I haven't really tested it in 7) mappings for the VMS4. Everything seems to work just fine with exception to the crossfader vs. headphone cue/mix volume. All the controls seem to work just fine between the controller and VDJ. the PFL lights are still out of sync since the VMS4 maintains state of the PFL (most likely a firmware thing like before). Once you're used to the PFL (cue/mix) behavior isn't not too terribly bad (unless you're a 'handsoff PC' type of person).

VMS4 Mappings
quote:
Originally posted by DjAzDeck:
Hello To All!!! I have my new VMS4 and i have also kontrol X1 From NI!!!

congratulation Smiler

quote:
Can someone post-upload the same TSI. file with the new VMS4 Traktor LE Version??

that's not possible because neither is the new traktor vms released nor its ME version ("manufacturer edition", slightly different from the normal LE versions), therefore there are no tsi's available.
So, I've gotten W.A.R.Z. mapping to work and it works with the my 'style' of using my old controller. The one thing I'm missing is having an option to toggle 'Nudge' and 'Scratch' modes for the jog-wheels (ala VDJ). I dislike using the pitch-bend +/- buttons as they're too slow.. I'd like to use the jog wheels to speed up/slow down to beat-match. Suggestions? Walk throughs? Help? anyone? LOL!! Smiler
Whats up fellow DJ's!

Thought I'd share and post the mapping I've been using since I've had my VMS4 (Purchased October 2010)

For starters, this mapping has changed since the released of Traktor Pro 2, the mapping is close to what I witnessed at the Namm show. So that means the "Pause" buttons switches your decks A/C and B/D. But I wanted to make a mapping that uses the sample decks, and this is what I have so far (It's got pretty good workflow). Yes, your Hotcues in Decks C/D, double as the play buttons for your sample decks by lighting up "blue" to let you know your using the sample decks (thanks to Flomacs LED mapping). And yes, when you switch back to Track decks they go back to Hotcues. I'll be updating this mapping soon to set Decks A and B to be programmed the same.

http://www.4shared.com/file/qV..._SampDeckCD_Map.html

BTW, where can I find the list for what was updated in the 3.11 firmware update? I saw it somewhere on this forum but I did a search and can't find it.
Hi all!
First post here...
I own a vms4 since few months, and I use it with mixxx since I own it(works great, but my set up on linux prevent me from traktor...)
Since I had a windows os installed on my pc, I tried to make it work with traktor pro 2.
And the night mare begins.
I just succeed in make the ;tsi file work with traktor (work great, except for browsing files), but the audio config' drives me crazy.

Here's the setup :
Traktor pro 2: 4 deck mode
Asio : The american audio driver provided with the controler
VMS4 : 8 channel mod

Here's what I've tried :
Output routing
Deck A 0-1
Deck B 2-3
Deck C 4-5
Deck D 6-7

The result is that I have a complete anbd work sound output, but just for my headphones, and nothing comes out of the master output...
Did I miss something, or is it "normal" (as far as it can be normal to have this issue...)

I need help cause I plan to play with it in a party next week...

Regards
Thanks for the quick reply. In fact, I just forgot to click on "Audio routing" when I imported the .tsi file...
Shame on me :$

But now, i have another problem linked to the recording function.

I did a few test before restarting my weekly podcast, and I heard that the prelistened tracks are recorded as if the fader volume of the cued tracks were at the maximum volume. Weird... and very annoying. I still don't understand why, and it makes me mad to hear this...

Is it due to my audio routing configuration or to an hardware issue...
I guess I have to switch to external mixer for recording. Am I wrong?
Please, I need some help with my VMS4!

I have attached below the TSI file, the one I use for Traktor Pro 2 with four decks. It is well mapped, but I want to change the commands for the browser (browse the playlist and option to load the decks).
I personally do not use effects, so I will not need it and I keep control buttons for browser options.

Effects zones - left side (is marked with red in photo)

1. when I press the ON / OFF button I want to Maximize Browser
2. when I turn right or left the SELECT button, navigating through the list on the left. And also wen i press it to open folders
3. When I turn right or left SELECT button from SAMPLE area, navigate thorugh the playlist on the right.
4. the PLAY and REC buttons from SAMPLE area: LOAD tracks in to decks.

Someone.. The TSI file Please help me! Photo
Last edited by veron
Hi all, I'm a newby to DJing and just got my VMS4 last week and loving it. None of the so mentioned in this forum headphone or low audio output occured on my device, all works great. And over athe the German forum section I found a great Traktor 4 decks mapping from DJ Deny Tiger with all LEDS working except some colours not mapped equally but all working. Also you can browse your folders with the jog wheel which is nice.
Only thing I altered in his/her mapping is I changed the effects mappings which I didn't like.

Cheers from Sydney and happy practicing.
quote:
Originally posted by Jammerizer:
Hi all, I'm a newby to DJing and just got my VMS4 last week and loving it. None of the so mentioned in this forum headphone or low audio output occured on my device, all works great. And over athe the German forum section I found a great Traktor 4 decks mapping from DJ Deny Tiger with all LEDS working except some colours not mapped equally but all working. Also you can browse your folders with the jog wheel which is nice.
Only thing I altered in his/her mapping is I changed the effects mappings which I didn't like.

Cheers from Sydney and happy practicing.




Thanks for the info! Can you provide links??
quote:
Originally posted by djslipside:
Why is it taking them so long to give us a Traktor mapping file for Traktor Pro 2? Is it because they are waiting for the actual US release of VMS4 Traktor so they can force us to buy that one?


The Traktor version of the VMS4 is out in the US now and still they haven't updated the mapping files for Traktor Pro 2. A couple of months ago I contacted tech support and they said they were days away from releasing an official updated Traktor mapping that we could use. But still no. This is very dissappointing. Also for those of us that use Traktor, they should sell an overlay that we can physically put on our vms4 with the traktor names for the buttons and knobs.
I really need some help. I am running Traktor Duo on my Macbook Pro with my VMS4. Every mapping tsi file that i import will not bring up the commands. Traktor is recognizing my vms4 but the mapping will not work. Do you have a solution, i have a gig in a month and do not want to have to send back my vms4 due to a mapping issue.

Thank you,
So i've imported many of these tsi files, but i can't get rid of the feature where channel one controls the overall volume of the tracks. I also cannot listen to any individual deck unless it is playing over speakers. Please help me out here i really just want the mixer and headphone cues to work like they do in vdj
Hi, I am running Traktor Scratch Pro with my VMS4 and used the mapping from the vms4 website. All of it mapped correctly except my crossfader and pitch controls which do not work from my controller at all. Can anybody help me with this, these are two essential buttons i need for mixing.

Also, I hear that they just released a VMS4.1 that will be more compatible with Traktor. As a purchaser of the VMS4 just a month ago, I am kind of upset they already have an update for something I just purchased so soon. Is there a way to trade my VMS4 for a VMS4.1??

Thanks!
Thanks K3nndo! I haven't been on in a while, but I figured it out. Thats exactly what it was. For those of you thinking about getting an lpd8 to use with the VMS4...its a good buy.

BTW..Im quiet on these forums, but I really appreciate the info on the VMS4. Thanks to all who have spent sooo much time working on ways to better the controller mappings. Especially Dj Freshfluke who always has an answer.
quote:
Originally posted by Dj RocK3t:
All of it mapped correctly except my crossfader and pitch controls which do not work from my controller at all.

you cant use traktors internal crossfader, since with traktor scratch you'll be in external mixing mode Wink
so just use the hardware xfader, no need for mapping.

what mapping are you using? you can re-map just the pitch faders in traktor...

quote:
Also, I hear that they just released a VMS4.1 that will be more compatible with Traktor.

it's not more compatible with traktor than the current vms4 - since traktor 2.0.3, there are default mappings for the vms4 installed along.

quote:
Is there a way to trade my VMS4 for a VMS4.1??

nope.
HI all...
I am using traktor pro 2 version 2.6 with the remix decks and i found a mapping on the internet this one : http://www.traktorbible.com/fr...pingview.aspx?id=111

This guy uses the pause button to change decks from A/C and B/D and i cant figure out how he does it.
I wanna change decks the same way and i wanna remap the buttons for the deck C and D when it changes to trigger the remix decks...I just cant find a way to figure how he does it and connects some modifiers and commands...If anyone knows anything pliz help me !
TY
ok, that's not something i can answer in two sentences... but...

if you look at the mapping, seek the command for play/pause, then sort the list for the respective button value.

then you can see all controls that are assigned to this button and this will make you understand how this works in general and you'll be able to replicate.

if not, get back at me!
I hope i am in the right thread (my first post)
I am a proud owner of an vms 4.1 and am working on my own traktor2 pro mapping (i'll upload it when its finished)
i want to remap the mic buttons on the front side to record but i cant "unmap" the mic. And although i do not have a mic plugged in i can hear a noise (rauschen) as soon as the mic is on. The sound is influenced by the knobs next to the mic button.
And the other question i have got is about led mapping...I want to dimm the leds by turning a knob (dry wet for example) but all i get is led on or off.
I would be very happy about any help that i can get.

Add Reply

Post
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×