Skip to main content

Glad to hear some reassuring words from AA/customers that AA will do everything they can to solve the issues that seem to be there with the VMS4 - cause it really looks like a cool controller.

A question though, apart from live sets, I would like to use it for online/shoutcast streaming (with Virtual DJ):
- Are the mic inputs 'advertised' to the OS through USB and usable as mic-input (stream 'output+mic' in vdj)?
- Or is the "complete" output (as in, mic&analog&virtualdjs) 'usable' as stream to use with vdj's broadcast option?
- Or would I need an extra soundcard to route the vms' output through, and broadcast that?

Thanks,

Pt
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Sorry that got mixed up with an other post to answer your Questions:
on though, apart from live sets, I would like to use it for online/shoutcast streaming (with Virtual DJ):
- Are the mic inputs 'advertised' to the OS through USB and usable as mic-input (stream 'output+mic' in vdj)? I believe the recording and broadcast stream only supports Window base driver. The Asio driver is only for time code support, so to record or steam your sets set the VMS4 to 8out on power up. Open VDJ and open the configuration selected external mixer and 4.1 sound card under sound configuration choose the VMS4 Know that this will also change your audio controls to Channels 1 and 2. Now under Record Select Line in set the device to VMS4 MIDI device. You may need to adjust your latency settings under performance as a base use 512(11 MS).

- Or is the "complete" output (as in, mic&analog&virtualdjs) 'usable' as stream to use with vdj's broadcast option? From my knowledge you can only record or broadcast inputs via a WDM device.
- Or would I need an extra soundcard to route the vms' output through, and broadcast that?
Thats an other option
First of all, thank you for your reply Smiler.

quote:
Originally posted by Ihearyou(American Audio):
- Are the mic inputs 'advertised' to the OS through USB and usable as mic-input (stream 'output+mic' in vdj)?
I believe the recording and broadcast stream only supports Window base driver. The Asio driver is only for time code support, so to record or steam your sets set the VMS4 to 8out on power up. Open VDJ and open the configuration selected external mixer and 4.1 sound card under sound configuration choose the VMS4 Know that this will also change your audio controls to Channels 1 and 2. Now under Record Select Line in set the device to VMS4 MIDI device. You may need to adjust your latency settings under performance as a base use 512(11 MS).

Just received my vms4 and decided to test this option, but can't seem to get it to work. when I press apply after setting VDJ to external mixer with a 4.1 card, I get an "Error in the sound driver (DirectX/WDM)". Attempts to use it as a 'regular' sound device from windows turn out in my pc telling me the card is in use.
Using Windows 7/x64.

I've tried rerouting the master-out through the pc's line-in and that works; but from what I read above, it shouldn't be neccesary.

Hope you can help me.

Pt
Did you install the Virtual DJ LE software that was in the VMS4 box?

Installing VDJ LE will also install the ASIO driver, the VMS4 skin, the firmware updater and the VMS4 mapping.

If you are using the full VDJ, you can uninstall the LE version straight after, and the extras will remain for use in VDJ (full).

You should also be able to install ASIO by downloading the driver from the VMS4 web site.
Well it could be something Windows 7 specific, or even because you're using 64 bit, because I tried here on XP and it works.

That's why I don't like using 64 bit, because most software and drivers are still 32 bit and can cause conflicts due to the translation that goes on 'behind the scenes'.
Groovin Thanks for you support im glad to see that your Helping ptpazuzu. The reason y i said the recording wont work with ASIO is that the recording/broadcast is done via Direct X driver or WDM. The VMS4 can only support on type of driver @ a time. I guess i theory you can use it i Asio mode but you wont be able to also use it as your recording device then you will need a seperate device.

Pt pazuzu when you open the sound control check your devices recording and playback make sure there is no green check on the VMS4. if so change it make sure to hit apply.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.