Skip to main content

Has anybody heard anything about these power adaptors yet ? this is getting bad now i cant even be bothered to have a mix because i have to redline evrything to the point of distortion this is really not good so if i haven't heard anything within a week i think i'm gonna send it back and get the new vestax vci-100mk2
quote:
Originally posted by weephillie:
I contacted AA ages ago, sent them all the relevant paper work (proof of purchase etc) and still heard or received nothing!

please forward me the email you sent to support (including the date) and i will check internally, what's going on.
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Freshfluke:
quote:
Originally posted by weephillie:
I contacted AA ages ago, sent them all the relevant paper work (proof of purchase etc) and still heard or received nothing!

please forward me the email you sent to support (including the date) and i will check internally, what's going on.

Which email address would you like me to forward it to?
quote:
Originally posted by naysiploos:
same here... i sent the receipt and the serial number to support@americandj.com on Oct 16th and they didn't reply to me at all.
can you please tell us your email to forward the email we sent?
an official reply though is necessary... time is passing by

I also sent this to the same email. This is getting ridic COME ON AA!!!!!!
quote:
quote:

Which email address would you like me to forward it to?

please send a mail to FRESHFLUKE [AT] FRESHFLUKE [DOT] DE

please use my email only in cases where you have trouble with the official support. "normal" questions regarding the use of the vms will be only answered here in the board, aight?
quote:

New Production
Microphones: reducing preamp gain and using gain knob as actual gain control to eliminate distortion and improve sound quality

Headphones: Increased power supply and increased gain. Roughly 6dB improvement

Master: Increased power supply and increased gain. Roughly 12dB improvement on booth, master RCA, and master balanced circuit[QUOTE]

Means that new VMS4 is already fixed?

Sorry for my english
so are the people that have the older production going to be able to exchange there's for the new one? i like mine but the output really sucks. i had a gig last week fir the first time with mine and i had my amp up all the way and the vms4 up to #7 in the red and it wasnt as loud as my old mixer and distorted badly.
I'm having exactly the same problem m8 you'll be lucky to get an answer here AA are avoiding this issue at the moment i guess they are trying to figure out how to solve the problem without wasting money....

what they seem to forget is we have wasted £400 of our money buying something that does'nt work and are wasting more money by not being able to do gigs , i'm so fed up with waiting for a solution that i think i'm just gonna try and get my money back now.Its a real shame because i really do like it but it just does'nt work as it should.
I did a test with a signal generator -4 db at 1 khz, putting all the controls: gain bass mid and high, middle position in the db input are right, also looking at the vu meter with the pfl activated are correct, disabling pfl button cue ... turning up the volume control at maximum, I see that the VU meter shows me +10 db ... ! Overload
but by measuring the output XRL are about -11 db Confused
I know that spending more money is not a preferable situation, but since I like EVERYTHING about my VDJ unit but the low volume output, I sprung the 30 dollars for an active DI, two channel, with a Db boost on it. It's solved the low signal issue quite nicely.

Just in case any of the rest of you are looking for a solid interim solution.
quote:
Originally posted by Leishu:
Easier just to provide a link:
M-Audio Audio Buddy

Guitar Center pricing link

Despite the silly name and the fact that it's a Mic Preamp, it's doing ridiculously well for this purpose.

Could you explain how this connects between the VMS4 and the mixer. I normally run the VMS4 through one channel of the clubs mixer.

Am I right to assume that this unit is to increase the output volume of the VMS4?
The gain on the channel I use is turned up full. Before I started using the VMS4 I used a separate sound card and I only needed to put the gain on the mixer halfway. The output from the VMS4 is just not enough.

Unless I'm doing something wrong and you can therefore point me in the right direction.
Hey, Gang. Wow I can't believe that these issues have not been resolved yet. I was worried that it might take some time that is why I returned mine ASAP, I had no idea that it would be the end of November and still a wait!?

Any way I really liked The VMS4 and hated to return it and would like to get a new one.

So what I would like to know is when will a "new production" VMS4 be available and how will I be able to tell it is a "new production" VMS4?
quote:
Hey, Gang. Wow I can't believe that these issues have not been resolved yet. I was worried that it might take some time that is why I returned mine ASAP, I had no idea that it would be the end of November and still a wait!?

Any way I really liked The VMS4 and hated to return it and would like to get a new one.

So what I would like to know is when will a "new production" VMS4 be available and how will I be able to tell it is a "new production" VMS4?

I totally agree with DJ Rob. Only want an approximate date.
I am waiting anxiously as well. We are all dealing with the low output with outboard gear which defeats the purpose of having a built in sound-card in the first place and adds noise, lowers the headroom and affects the width and depth of the sound-stage, so it is way less than ideal.
A fix soon please,please,please...
quote:
Originally posted by GroovinDJ:
I can't see why you'd need to boost the VMS4 output if you're feeding it through a second mixer - just turn up the gain on the second mixer....

The unit is to boost the volume of the VMS4.

For the most part, a normal gain boost when running directly into a sound board is easy. However, the output of the VMS4 is so low into other mixers (due to their nature) that I can top out the main gain, channel gain, and volume of a single "deck" and have it BARELY be audible with another device going into that mixer at neutral. At that point, of course, the distortion level is pretty much ridiculous and I've sacrificed my ability to fine tune any track's levels.

Using the M-Audio unit for that boost eliminates the possibility of distortion, providing a MAJOR boost in volume without sacrificing clarity and allows the DJ the freedom to fine-tune track by track volume, since not everything has to be maxed out to have equal audio with any other units that may be plugged into the mixer at the time.

Make sense? Smiler
I gave up waiting for the output problem to be fixed I got the feeling it never is.So I brought a behringer DI4000 around £65 connect the output of the vms4 to the inputs push it the +20db button and link the outputs to your amp and you get a 20db boost and no more red clip lights.

I just need to no now from American dj how to get the money back from them for having to buy this extra item.
http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/DI4000.aspx
Hello all,

We are very busy behind the scenes making this happen. Lack of an announcement simply means that the full solution is not yet available.

I personally am overseeing all of these changes and their implementation into production. We've made and tested exactly the updates as I describe but it isn't just a matter of scribbling an idea down on a piece of paper and voila everything is fixed. Circuit boards need to be updated, retested, assembled, fixed, and redone again to ensure that everything sounds and feels pro. Then everything needs to get on the production line and shipped which by itself takes over a month.

I made the first unit with these changes by hand. It took me a full week to do this. The output noise is far from ideal and wiring is really messy, so there is no way that American DJ could do such hand made changes on a massive scale. The changes must be implemented on production circuit boards.

The current status is yes we have updated circuit boards that are being prepared for mass production. It will be a few months to actually get parts ordered, built, tested, and shipped. When everything is ready to hit the streets you will hear an official announcement from American DJ.
quote:
Originally posted by emarx:
Hello all,

We are very busy behind the scenes making this happen. Lack of an announcement simply means that the full solution is not yet available.

I personally am overseeing all of these changes and their implementation into production. We've made and tested exactly the updates as I describe but it isn't just a matter of scribbling an idea down on a piece of paper and voila everything is fixed. Circuit boards need to be updated, retested, assembled, fixed, and redone again to ensure that everything sounds and feels pro. Then everything needs to get on the production line and shipped which by itself takes over a month.

I made the first unit with these changes by hand. It took me a full week to do this. The output noise is far from ideal and wiring is really messy, so there is no way that American DJ could do such hand made changes on a massive scale. The changes must be implemented on production circuit boards.

The current status is yes we have updated circuit boards that are being prepared for mass production. It will be a few months to actually get parts ordered, built, tested, and shipped. When everything is ready to hit the streets you will hear an official announcement from American DJ.

thx for the insightful update! Smiler
so are you telling us that the actual fix will not be available until next spring or so?
sorry but i totally disagree. we bought this unit because we liked its specs and because we are djs. we don't care about the technical difficulties to fix the wrong parts of the unit such us the sound quality and the output level.
i personally thought that a solution was almost ready but now i am really disappointed.
quote:
Originally posted by DylanDJ:
Ok emarx, we all appreciate the effort but the main question is still unanswered:
Owners of issues-affected VMS4 will be refunded, upgraded/replaced to a fully functional new VMS4 or simply abandoned?

Hello DylanDJ, et. al.:

My personal opinion is that there should be an option for existing users to get upgraded to a VMS4 with the fixes. I am definitely against what you call being "abandoned" because if you've found a legitimate design issue with the product you should have a way to get it fixed without having to pay full price again for the version with the fixes. However, this is not for me to coordinate so please wait until customer service makes an announcement similar to what they did for the microphone adapters.
quote:
Originally posted by emarx:
quote:
Originally posted by DylanDJ:
Ok emarx, we all appreciate the effort but the main question is still unanswered:
Owners of issues-affected VMS4 will be refunded, upgraded/replaced to a fully functional new VMS4 or simply abandoned?

Hello DylanDJ, et. al.:

My personal opinion is that there should be an option for existing users to get upgraded to a VMS4 with the fixes. I am definitely against what you call being "abandoned" because if you've found a legitimate design issue with the product you should have a way to get it fixed without having to pay full price again for the version with the fixes. However, this is not for me to coordinate so please wait until customer service makes an announcement similar to what they did for the microphone adaptors microphone adapters.

Would they be the same microphone adaptors that I have been waiting for for TWO MONTHS. You have all my details and you have had them before all the snow fell so you can't blame that for them not turning up!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.