Skip to main content

Well, everyone knows Europeans are more receptive to new technology than us damn Americans!!

You get better cell phones first, more of the better instruments are made over there. Better cars. Better medicines....

I mean, what's with this cell phone breaking crap we have to deal with and retarded policies that link cell phones to providers? That's just f*cking stupid. Yet, that's the American way: f*cking stupid.
I received my VMS4 yesterday, and I have the same problems!

Can't get it to work with neither VDJ nor Traktor Scratch Pro.

VDJ receives midi signals, but it doesn't play the track, nor does it respond to the jogwheel.
The supplied VDJ software also doesn't allow me to enter the config menu, only upgrade to PRO and try Trial version for 20 days is shown. After the entering the trial period, I still can't access the config menu.

Traktor Scratch Pro even has bigger problems, Í have to restart the program multiple times before even getting it to receive midi signals, and even then after a few seconds the signal is lost and doesn't respond anymore.

I also used the analog audio mode offcourse, and have to say I'm disappointed very much by it's quality!
It's definately not useable for live shows, as the sound get's/is distorted/pumped up very much, even staying below 0dB.

I also don't like the VU meters, in CUE the VU output signal is indicating 3dB lower than the master output, so using the gain to cue up to master volume can give you false information when mixing in, as the volume will be much louder than the track that's playing.

I also don't like the master volume and gain that seem to be chained to eachother in the VU meter output.
Yupp Hadd All Those Problems, 20 day trial period went after 30 seconds, but was told there is some process where you can get it, made no sense.

Also when using samples over a track, the sample EQ decreases as well as the song

Sound also disappears when the gain reduces under half way

I get no Response in traktor

and on top of all that they never sent me a uk adapter - but that's the minor issue
Hello Akash,

Make sure that any channel being used with an RCA input is set to analog. Please give me more information by what you mean it doesn’t work with virtual DJ LE properly?

quote:
Originally posted by Akashrup:
Hi,

I Got my VMS4 yesterday, and its completely gone wrong, i cant use it as a standard mixer, it doesn't work with Virtual Dj le properly, any one who can help with the set up ?

Thanks in Advance,
Akash
Jungle_Brothah are you using Virtual DJ LE or pro? if your using Pro you have to save the VMS4 mapping and definition on your Virtual dj documents > mappers and devices folders.

In regards to Traktor make sure you are using version 1.2.4 or earlier to support the MIDI mapping. make sure you use the vms4 interface in the right mode for the file ( 4out or 8out).

quote:
Originally posted by Jungle_Brothah:
I received my VMS4 yesterday, and I have the same problems!

Can't get it to work with neither VDJ nor Traktor Scratch Pro.

VDJ receives midi signals, but it doesn't play the track, nor does it respond to the jogwheel.
The supplied VDJ software also doesn't allow me to enter the config menu, only upgrade to PRO and try Trial version for 20 days is shown. After the entering the trial period, I still can't access the config menu.

Traktor Scratch Pro even has bigger problems, Í have to restart the program multiple times before even getting it to receive midi signals, and even then after a few seconds the signal is lost and doesn't respond anymore.

I also used the analog audio mode offcourse, and have to say I'm disappointed very much by it's quality!
It's definately not useable for live shows, as the sound get's/is distorted/pumped up very much, even staying below 0dB.

I also don't like the VU meters, in CUE the VU output signal is indicating 3dB lower than the master output, so using the gain to cue up to master volume can give you false information when mixing in, as the volume will be much louder than the track that's playing.

I also don't like the master volume and gain that seem to be chained to eachother in the VU meter output.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.