Skip to main content

I've seen this light being used in clubs before (about a year ago)and finally have the money to buy two of them and noticed they were discountinued. Why? My question is can i still buy them even though they were discountinued? I was very impressed with them and the price. If i can't buy them what is the model or upgrade that took it's place? It's a very nice scanner!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Just to keep things in perspective. Any lighting fixture with a quartz lamp needs a duty cycle for fixture and lamp life. We (American DJ) are honest about it. The heat generated could harm the electronics and burn the wires and components inside. If highly sofiscitated cooling systems were in the "affordable" fixtures they would no longer be affordable.
Thanks!
I have noticed that some lighting manufacturers manuals state that you should not have the effect turned on for more than 15 minutes at a time. That makes sense to me and why would I want any effect (other than par-cans) on for that amount of time? My light show is tailored to be song-specific so the show changes at every new song. Having a wide variety of lighting effects helps a lot. Keep 'em spinnin'!! -Ken-
quote:
Any lighting fixture with a quartz lamp needs a duty cycle for fixture and lamp life.

I'm sorry mr. master dj. I believe you ARE VERY VERY VERY WRONG!

Some companies have a duty and some get the booty.

M A R T I N halogen or quartz lighting for the most part does not have any of a such cycle needed!
thats just one of many many many companies that DO NOT NEED A DUTY WITH THESE LAMPS.
the reason is simple, bigger fans, better air flow threw the light, items placed in the right place inside the fixture, larger size cases. this all together some might call quality. I call it research and development

Please Stick to dj'ing before you make wrong statements on the board, remember just because your a mod doesnt mean you know what your talking about
what he was saying is that the quartz bulbs get very hot, so that normally requires a duty cycle. He also mentioned that that would not be nccassary with expensive cooling systems. I have no doubt that m a r t i n has these systems, and that is why they are so much more expensive
A note to Billy D,
As I mentioned we are honest about the realistic capabilities of our "Affordable & Reliable" products. I do know what I'm talking about and have been instrumental in designing many of our lighting fixtures. There are several issues that go far beyond just duty cycle. Which include �people just get tired� of the same light going on for hours. This is the number 1 reason clubs (and mobile DJ�s) have many different fixtures and effects. With that in mind, most quartz lamps have a very short life span, so why use up the hours when people attending a function or club don't really want the fixture on continuously anyway? Also keep in mind I did mention that certain fixtures could be built to stay on continuously, at a cost that we feel wouldn�t justify the price for the effective use of the product.
There are many choices and options in the market place and each person has to decide what's best for their pocket book and use of any particular product. (Return on Investment) If burning a fixture for hours fits a perticular need we have many products between American DJ and Elation that fulfill that requirement.
Thanks Smiler
Ok billy d

Master Dj Writes

quote:
Any lighting fixture with a quartz lamp needs a duty cycle for fixture and lamp life.

Then he also goes on to say
quote:
If highly sofiscitated cooling systems were in the "affordable" fixtures they would no longer be affordable.

Please read carefuly before you go saying some one is so entirly wrong.
You can twist peoples words any way you want.

What Master DJ is trying to say, is it would cost more for ADJ to put a cooling system in the light.

When he said

quote:

I dont think he ment to be interpreted that way, or his next statement wouldnt have been.

quote:
If highly sofiscitated cooling systems were in the "affordable" fixtures they would no longer be affordable.

He was refering to these cooling systems as a way to cool quartz lamps, and not have a duty cycle.

I dont think any thing is "wrong" with master djs statement, you are just misinterpreting.

I dont know what background you have Billy D, but you need to chill.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.