Skip to main content

Hey guys, I started working on my light show for next weekend to see if I can get it done by then and tested. I did a fx generated sequence using my 4 novascans. Had a nice setup done and generated it.

Everything seemed to go fine until step 45 where the fade time went to 00:00:04 for steps 45 through 62.

I also noticed that if i try to add a second generated FX, whether its the same one or not, all fade times are 00:00:04.

Is this another limitation in the program or am I missing something? I make sure to save everytime I make a change
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

hey jingles, I think you probably misunderstood what I was saying, but your answer might still apply, maybe.

I wasnt referring to having to FX sequences going at 1 time. What I meant was... say I do a simple circle with my novascans. This comes out to be 13 steps. I then wanna do the exact same circle, but in a different direction. So I make the circle in fx again having teh direction going the other way, when i click on generate, the steps show up, but the fade time is 00:00:04 instead of like 00:01:00

Did i explain that right. I just wanna add more FX generated steps to the end of that scene. I know its a simple fix... Just go in and change the fade times and all is well. I was just wondering if this is part of the limitation of the program by not being able to add fx sequences together in 1 scene.

Allen
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpinbass:
hey jingles, I think you probably misunderstood what I was saying, but your answer might still apply, maybe.

I wasnt referring to having to FX sequences going at 1 time. What I meant was... say I do a simple circle with my novascans. This comes out to be 13 steps. I then wanna do the exact same circle, but in a different direction. So I make the circle in fx again having teh direction going the other way, when i click on generate, the steps show up, but the fade time is 00:00:04 instead of like 00:01:00

Did i explain that right. I just wanna add more FX generated steps to the end of that scene. I know its a simple fix... Just go in and change the fade times and all is well. I was just wondering if this is part of the limitation of the program by not being able to add fx sequences together in 1 scene.

Allen

Not sure if the FX Generator can do what you are asking but one thing I do for long scenes is make a second, dummy scene. I then use the FX Generator to make my new circle or whatever, then copy and paste the steps into my first scene. When the first scene is complete I just delete the dummy scene.

Hope that helps.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.