Skip to main content

Hey guys! I have an opportunity to buy 2 Accu Spot 300's for pennies on the dollar. They were both purchased new 2 years ago, and have been run every Saturday and Sunday since then (about 10 hrs per week). So, at just over 1,000 hours, is this a good idea or not? How long should these lights go without needing repair or overhaul. The bulbs are fine and I most likely will replace those if I get them. I just want to make sure I'm not picking these up and using them for a few weeks then BOOM, I have to send them in for repair, etc.. What are your thought, thanks!!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I've been running 6 of these since April of 2008. I have almost 3,000 hours and not a single bulb out yet. The only problem I have is one of the fixtures started moving wierd, but it's probably attributed to dust or sensor fail, which is a cheap fix.

What price are you getting them for?

For the money they are by far the best light I have bought.
I've seen and had opportunity to buy some used AccuSpots to replace my Chauvet Q-Spots for super cheap. I want higher output as well, so not looking for a like for like replacement!

With used, it's always buyer beware. Even so, ADJ seems to be a good bet as far as buying used would be. There is still the possibility that the fixtures are working just fine for the existing owner and after you get them, go BOOM. When stuff is going to fail, it's going to fail and there's not much you can do about it. Happens to all of us eventually.

See them in action. If they work as they should, get them.

As for me, I'm thinking of sticking with my regular lighting vendor as much as possible. When it comes to new, he's got my business hands down.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.