Skip to main content

Hello,

Next week I'm djing a event. Typically I do club work so no mic is needed. This event is a large fashion show, I'm djing the dancing after the event, but during they need a microphone. This has me worried about the vms4.

I didnt want to carry my turntables, I would love to keep it compact and only take the vms4.

As a solution,I was thinking of using a behringer 502, 5 channel mixer I use for mixing guitar when I play.

I was thinking of going xlr out of the vms4 into the mixer 1/4, then 1/4 to on the amp. I would use the mic input on the behringer for all the mic use.

This would be a one time solution until I receive my adaptor

What are your thoughts?

here is a link to the 502

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/502.aspx

Thanks!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

That would work fine. Have the microphone plugged into the behringer 502. Have the jack outputs of the 502 going to a phono input on the VMS4 (i'd use channel 1 or 4), make sure it is on analogue input mode on the settings on the front. Then use the master outputs on the VMS4. Makes sure the behringer outputs are not set too high so they are clipping and makes sure the gain on the VMS4 isn't too hard.

Another way (which I would think is better), is to go the other way round; output of VMS4 going into a stereo input on the behringer desk (and the microphone also going into the behringer). Then the outputs of the behringer go to the PA system.

Hope that helps.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.