Skip to main content

I am the original owner of several ADJ Startec Arcbeam 150s. They have seen little action but extended times in storage. They all are in various states of misbehavior.

They power up, bulbs work, but the DMX and remote/slave are fouled up. The fixtures do not want to slave correctly, nor do they want to listen to reasonable advice from two different controllers (ADJ 6-ch with joystick, 2-rack space, and a NSI MLC-16)

If I had access to service manuals, I would take care of them myself. As it is, they are unusable. What can I do??

All help is appreciated. Google fails me on answers.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Yeah, no luck finding those manuals.

As has been said many times before:

Master/slave mode is 100% incompatible with DMX mode. It's OK to set them all to the same DMX channels so they all behave the same though.

Check your cabling and your polarity. Ensure you're using DMX cable and using a DMX terminator. Test them one at a time to isolate the one or ones causing the issues, although it is entirely possible they are all bad in their own ways. Also, check your DMX addressing and double check you're in DMX mode.

You might open them up and spray some contact cleaner in there in case it's a dirt issue.
thanks Chris

it's been awhile since I soldered the original cable(s) for correct polarity, so i'll take you up on your advice and re-confirm i haven't inadvertently substituted different cords

can you or anyone shed light on whether these particular fixtures were excessively problematic back in the day? Or were they mostly reliable?

I'm all for admitting operator error, if I can get them back up to spec...

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.